Real world stuff and services for isk, plex or other in game items?

https://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/terms-of-service-en/ answered it.

rule 10 and 11

The very simple answer is you cannot trade anything in game for anything outside of the game. Trying to read between the lines by doing something like ā€œif you buy this, Iā€™ll buy thatā€ will just land you with a ban if anyone reports you or CCP looks into it. Many people have already linked you the proper ToS and EULA links, so if you canā€™t see how itā€™s not allowed I donā€™t know what to tell you.

People donating ISK for 3rd party programs is about the only thing I know of that CCP finds acceptable while skirting the line. But if that 3rd party program requires isk for access, they get slapped down pretty hard anymore.

Regardless it all comes down to someone reporting you/CCP catching you.

1 Like

well then. that answers the question. glad we could figure this out. i was genuinly curious about it.

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/topic/284343/ from 2013. you can however get GM approval if you make art, websites, and killboards. you knowā€¦if they are directly eve releated.

1 Like

The advertisement or sale of out of game goods and services not directly related to EVE Online is prohibited. The only out of game goods and services which can be advertised or sold for in-game currency or assets are the following: EVE forum signature creation, EVE related websites, EVE related artwork, third party voice communication server hosting, or EVE Time Codes.

Iā€™m also paying top ISK & plex for your best attempt tat Oragmi Eve ships made using $10 bills.

Wow such eve artwork, wow such non prohibted RMTā€™ness.

1 Like

kinda ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  that CCP can do it, and we cant

this goes back to copyright laws and junk. and what i mentioned earlier. since CCP has copyright on EVE.

1 Like

You can just make eve art from anymoney you send and get paid with in game assets. Itā€™s completely fine, did you not read rule 11?

its interesting to see that trolls basically pollute every rather serious topic with silly comments like this. there have always been trolls but im almost positive that since 2011 the forum trolls have actually gotten worse.

1 Like

Interesting new ship.

The construction methods scream Minmatar, but the materials indicate Caldari design.

ā€“Gadget the Critic

4 Likes

Thatā€™s basically the gist so much said on the internet, eh?

1 Like

as i mentioned earlier. here we are having a discussion and this guy barges in with silly comments not really contributing to the topic.

1 Like

sorry for the escalation earlier, attitude doesnt translate well in text form <3

1 Like

its all good man. in the end i just wanted you to have the facts and not get banned. FLy safe yo!

1 Like

Itā€™s effectively RMT, just with goods instead of money.

Had a former corpmate running a scam for a while, it was quite ingenious - and the fact that it was a scam was the only thing that saved him from getting banned.

The scam was the voice comms equivalent to phone sex for isk. Pay x amount of isk and get 20 minutes with a hottie on TeamSpeak in a private channel.

A GM was made aware of this and got to investigating, and almost banned him. The only reason he didnā€™t get banned was because there wasnā€™t any chatting with hot girls. You send money and get ignored if you start demanding your isk back. At which point the GM said something congratulatory for such a brilliant scam, and that was that.

This is of course anecdotal hearsay.

2 Likes

*clears throat seriously in preparation for serious on-topic cat pic RMT discussion

amidoinitrite?

3 Likes

yes lol.

You know a thread was epic when people keep referring to it almost 6 years later.

Totally see what you did there.

2 Likes

If you want a official answer, make a support ticket and the GMs will give you one.

1 Like

Why not just accept USD and then purchase plex from it??

Taking real life money for in-game items/services is RMT > Banhammer