Is using alts to bypass a block bannable?

this is…and here we have the real problem of this game… not correct…
for ccp there is NO harrasment in this game…all is allowed even scams or stealing…the only thing you can’t do is posting off topic in the help channel…this is treated by ccp like a capital crime…

It’s entirely correct.
If someone stalks you day after day after you change corp, move half way across new eden to avoid them at least once etc.
Then CCP consider that harassment and will take action.

Some guy ganking in Uedema is not harassment.

1 Like

Most games think different and they are absolutely right…
ANY type of unwanted pvp is harrasment…

Well not in Eve. Eve is an open Pvp zone everywhere.
Even in other MMOs entering a pvp zone and then complaining pvp happened will get you laughed at.

2 Likes

Maybe in your world…in mine ccp has to adjust to other mmog or it will perish…
Even 15 years “done it this way” are no guarantee for an untouched status…
If you don’t adept to the the inevitable clearly history will decide…
You can laugh at it but the last laugh goes on you…

Let’s just say that most PvP isn’t player harassment and often only gets misinterpreted as such. But there is no rule, which says there is absolutely no player harassment when it’s done with guns and spaceships. It will simply get decided by a GM on a case by case basis, which means there can potentially be a situation where a GM may decide that it needs to stop. On asking may the GM then give an explaination why this was decided. The last word is always with CCP.

Except EVE is a niche game. All those people who thought the other mmog’s turned to theme parks ended up here (myself included), if EVE were to “adept to the the inevitable clearly history” [sic] CCP would lose a lot of subscriptions.

And… admit it… so did you! The thing that makes EVE exciting is not mining… it’s the fact that at every step of the road you are interacting with someone, whether he’s buying your ore or shooting you for it.

Some did, for sure. But I suggest that most of the people who came here was because - after being banned from every other MMO for griefing - this was their last resort.

Not because this was a really cool niche game. Because this was the only MMO left that would take them.

Some would say that this policy has come come back to bite CCP on the ass, and just as many say it hasn’t. Who is right?

It’s up to you.

vOv

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Not correct - there is such a thing as harassment in EVE. But you actually have to start harass for it to be called harassment - if you move by 10-20 jumps and the capsuleer is still following you and doing nasty things w/o any in-game reason to do so - then it is harassment.

Hahahahaha…no.

Unwanted PvP is a core aspect of the game. Either HTFU or GTFO…literally. EVE has made its entire reputation on this point. You can engage in PvP anywhere in the game so long as you are willing to face the consequences. So…buttercup, suck it up or quit. And if you decide on the latter nobody will miss you.

Oh…and can I have your stuff if you decide to quit?

Preach it Nevyn, preach it.

Set your CSPA charge to 100M ISK and that guy will stop bothering you very quickly. And if they do not, set it to 1 Billion.

3 Likes

I always thought 1mil was the cap?

You are right. Damn it. That needs to change again to allow higher CSPA charges now that CCP allows disposable free throwaway alts and made the petition system unusable.

The question is wether or not these are real life threats or not. Purely in-game threats are not forbidden, they are part of the game.

If someone threatens you in relation to your real life, it’s (often*) unacceptable and a report to the GM will settle it. CCP will always act on these kinds of threats if reported. What exactly they do depends on the circumstances and how far the threats went. I had one guy on the Forums threaten to cut me with a knife, but instead of “I will do it in real life” he said “I can do it afk”, which was clever enough for CCP to only delete the post, not take action on the char.

Alas, there are also cases where it’s not totally unacceptable, let’s be honest about this. It depends on your personal view. Most of rl-threats I didn’t report, if they happened in-game after the people losing their ships and then their sh*t. I’m not saying this is the right way to react to a ship loss, but we are all responsible for the mood in the game and we should give each other a bit of lenience. I normally told people to calm down and don’t take it too far, which usually works. And that’s fine enough for me. Because really many people have these aggressive thoughts. Personally I think it is healthier to engage that line of thinking, rather than delivering the banhammer as punishment for momentarily losing control to not speak out what they think.

Again, it depends. I had one guy talk about how he’s going to rape and murder my (assumed) children and of course I reported him. In this case I even debated with rl friends of wether or not it would be effective to press charges with the police and how CCP would react to that.

tl;dr Objectively (I think) most people here have no interest in playing EVE offline. If the threat is a one time thing and doesn’t go too far, think about wether you’re willing to remind them that this is a game. Threatening them back may be an option, but personally I don’t think it is much better. If they take it too far or they are persistent in their threats, report them and have CCP deal with the rest.

My comment was tongue in cheek to the one above me fyi

1 Like

Nonsense…

If ccp will not change to what the market wants(and that is pvp just in sealed sectors of the game) it is done…

You can’t ignore the reality for long or you will be consumed by it…

As i said before “we done it this way for 15 years now” will not save your but from beeing beaten…

But laugh at it if you must…but don’t mourn over the ashes of the game…you can’t to talk yourself out of this…I prophesied it and i will be right…

You know what is not on the market beside EVE Online ? Full pvp mmo games. Oh right, about htfu - seems like many eastern europeans have no problems with the way eve is right now, and with improving economic situation there subscription is no longer 20% of paycheck.

lots of talks, they can ban him for it.
However, please consider that, if you do worst than that to him, his actions would not be unauthorized.

It’s like if you have 2 people which a dog attacks.
The first one, a suspect, can give the dog a medal.
The second one, a victim, may give the dog a name for causing the scene of a sinister .
It’s the same dog, but it has 2 names.

If someone feels that they are being threatened IRL then it should be reported right away. Don’t just be content with flagging the post, we can only judge on what we read in the posts, not the intention behind them.

1 Like