Is using alts to bypass a block bannable?

I pissed someone off in Jita, and i blocked him, he uses a 2nd character to then mail me threatening me.

I block the 2nd character to, he then mails me with a 3rd talking sht which I block also

then he mails me with a 4th character talking more garbage.

What is the point of the block feature if people can abuse and bypass it so easily.

1 Like

Yes, it’s bannable. Please make a ticket under player harassment. If it’s harassment and the player uses alts to continue with it then there’s a good chance he’ll get a warning.

3 Likes

Bypassing a block is not bannable by itself.

4 Likes

ISD Sakimura, how do i prevent him from contacting me and harassing me if he is going to keep using alts to bypass the block mechanic.

isnt abusing game mechanic bannable?

1 Like

It’s not an abuse when it’s not a harassment. If the player showers you with ISKs from several alts then surely you wouldn’t complain about it.

3 Likes

You can report him for harassment, but not the action of bypassing a block of one of his characters.

7 Likes

so your saying that bypassing a block by using alts is allowed?

2 Likes

yes it is. however the harassment he does is not.

File a support ticket and take it up with a GM. We can’t help you make him stop. I’m sure he has his reasons for this “outbreak”, but does not give him the right to harass you in such a manner.

7 Likes

…

Step 1 ask him to stop contacting you
Step 2 report for continued harassment
Step 3 ???
Step 4 enjoy your now empty mailbox

I stress how important it is to ask them politely to stop contacting you. Don’t be a dick about it

10 Likes

As Noragen said, politely say “stop”. This is an important step to prove harassment.

I would also collect screenshots and/or logs of the chats and messages to provide additional evidence. The “PrintScreen” button does it for most computers, and the images will be saved into your “…Eve\capture\screenshots” folder.

4 Likes

Probably the worst advice anybody could ever give…

5 Likes

no, he could advice him to threaten him IRL.

1 Like

At this point may as well go all out and threaten him yourself. Skip the extra step alltogether

Harassment is and that’s what he’s doing

Isn’t Harassment a core mechanic of EvE Online?

1 Like

Lol. Just keep blocking him. See how many alts he creates before he gets bored. Post results online with screenshots and make a complete fool out of him.

3 Likes

This is just another kind of pvp as ccp sees it…it’s not about loosing control or that it goes too far with all kinds of this harrasment stuff or botting or unwanted pvp in this game…no…

sings the All is allright and ccp is always right and has not lost control mantra

If you do it with your mouth, with email, with anything really that isn’t guns or your spaceship, then chances are you’re doing it wrong and deserve to get a wrist slap.

3 Likes

Even with guns and spaceships sustained harassment is against the rules. It’s just a fairly significant bar to clear for spaceship violence to become harassment

3 Likes

There’s a difference between in game harassment (for example, suicide ganking someone until he leaves a system (say, Jita…) you want to control) and out of game / verbal harassment. I don’t know which is the case here - “threatening me” may mean in game threats (“I’m going to shoot your venture!”) or out of game threats (“I’m gonna … you and everyone you love.”) One type of harassment is fine, you’re just using in game mechanics and social/psychological engineering to manipulate your opponent, you can do the same in a game of chess… the other most certainly is not.

I do not know CCP’s opinion here, but as someone who harasses people in game (yes… I cloaky camp, suicide gank, kill newbie explorers, etc…) there is a line, making alts to bypass blocks crosses that line for me.