Ishkur Drone Tracking Bonus? Why?

Why do goons need to blobbh™ and press FONE??

So many questions nobody knows the answer to.

1 Like

They do not. But the enemy drone boats do. And if you kill their drones faster, then enemy pulls them back, you drop their DPS, enemy loses teeth etc… Anti-drone member of the gang, Ishkur is now.

1 Like

@Gleb_Koskov People that are good at pvp don’t care about a kill mail from a drone… But surviving and killing the player.

I mean, uh, if you’re never killing drones you’re probably not making the correct decision 80-90% of the time, especially if you’re a drone boat like an Ishkur, as drones are the biggest threat to 50% of your damage.

1 Like

@Jin_taan That can be true, but not if you are in a frig 1v1… It does help however if you are fighting a kitey tristan or ishkur…

Fighting Tristans in other frigates is like 99% of Lowsec for me

@Jin_taan alright… but no need to kill drones if it is a brawl tristan. I roam lowsec as well and they are mostly neut/brawl fit

1 Like

Killing Brawly-Tristans drones in something like an MNI or Astero is how you win, I imagine it’d be the same with the Ishkur. You are right that it’s a weak bonus, but it’s better than the non-bonus it had before.

@Jin_taan I agree it is a buff because they kept the 50 drone space… Frigate fights go by extremely fast, wasting time killing drones if it is a brawling tristan is how to die. Frigate tanks usually cannot withstand the dps of another frigate, the key is out dpsing and putting pressure on the ancil rep to break them, if they do that to you… you are dead, also, if you dont have an ancil rep, maybe buffer or normal reps, they most likely wont have much dps tank, and buffer, they only have so much that they can possibly tank, and same goes for you…

1 Like

@Jin_taan Also, thank you for your input :slight_smile:

Drones don’t take long to kill…most drone boats lack any significant damage without drones. With that said the only logical thing to do is kill them faster than they kill yours. This goes doubly so for fits that either like an astero don’t usually use highs for guns or like a lot of tristans, use their highs for neuts. If you start killing drones on ships fit like that you drop their dps so quick even a bog standard t2 rep will tank them with ease. I can understand not going for them against ships who also fit guns as you may not remove enough dps in time…as with all things eve everything has its counter or tactic.

Assault frigate can perma-tank most frigates.

Yea I remember getting a 800 omni dps tank from a vengeance once was lol, miss offgrid links.

1 Like

@Eternal_Montage I agree it is good for killing drones against larger ships, also, the sig radius bonus across all AFs is pretty bad, but i mean, its better than nothing. They are effective at tanking other frigates to kill them, especially in 1v1s. But good point

1 Like

@Makshima_Shogo Ya thats true, neuts will get you killed fast given drones are their primary form of dps.

@Makshima_Shogo lol sounds VERY balanced :wink:

warriors are also the fastest drones…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.