Ishtar is overpowered

Personally i would go buffer fit but thats me. Then even with the agro you still have time to kill the ishtar.
I have made some pretty tanky ratting ishtars that are pretty good. 600+ dps tank and the drones track well too. But no ishtar should beat a t3c no way… overheated that loki is near 1k dps no ishtar will tank that

And you’re forgetting the Tengu doesn’t get an application bonus. And the explosion velocity on Rage HAMs is 100 m/s.

Do you know what the base velocity of an Ishtar is? 175 m/s.

Assuming that Ishtar isn’t just sitting in space, the application is going to be bad… thus decreasing the damage even further. And that right there is why the Loki is the far better PvP ship. Slightly less DPS when using kinetic missiles, but better applications. And that’s before you consider it has far better range with webs, depending on fit.

I didn’t say whether or not Loki was better than Tengu.

I was taking exception to where you said the Tengu couldn’t kill a ratting Ishtar because it was “damage locked”. It is not and can do the job.

Also application won’t be as bad as you seem to think because you should be using a web/scram when attacking an afk bot. Shield fits also tend to have larger than normal sigs which increase application even in the velocity portion of the missile damage formula.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.