What is a good, Non triglavian, counter to a T3c

As the subject is really, I recently moved to null and read intel of a lot of solo T3cs around, id like to try and fight them but not sure what with.

Another T3c

1 Like

Is that it? the only counter to a T3c is another T3c?

Not the only counter, but the only one I am aware of
Edit: battleships and heavy assault cruisers will do the trick

OK, HACs and BS i can fly, so i’ll work on some options, thanks.

I recently learned that a Paladin is a great counter to a Tengu. Just understand that a lot of those T3Cs are not actually solo.

1 Like

A well fit BS should counter every T3C. You propably need 800dps tank against those HAM Tengus/Lokis. A heavy Neut is also a gamechanger.

So a tripple Ancil Raven should work quite well.
A double rep Hyperion should also work.

Will you be able to hold them down? Will be hard against AB T3Cs. So bringing a friend for more webs and burst is nice to have.

1 Like

The issue with ‘solo’ T3Cs roaming around is that they are often the hunter for their blops fleet. Once they get you, they light a covops cyno and the rest of their fleet jumps through.

A bomber for hunting is easily killed, but a CovOps interdiction nullified T3C is great to roam around to find something to drop your fleet on.

A good counter is a bait assault cruiser with enough defences and tackle, and most importantly a counter fleet to respond immediately when they take your bait. Ishtars are a common sight ratting in havens, so if you can use one of those people are less likely to expext bait.

2 Likes

Heavy neuts, especially the faction ones (and deadspace ones) with crazy range.

1 Like

Try a Stratios.
Since last T3 -update they are compleetly crap and nerved into the ground.

Buffer Proteus is not a proper T3C and does not count lol.
Stratios cant fight Lokis, Tengus or Legions.

2 t3cs

BS, BC, or HACs

On one hand you are right, a buffer-T3C is not a clever choice for an 1v1 engagement.
But I didn’t start that fight.
I was buisy with a Magnate-Gank as the unlucky Proteus dropt me.

On the other hand in a fleetcombat I would always prefer bufferfits, cos I have logi-support.

But btt, I just wanted to point out there are many ways to kill a cat.
And if the T3-pilot is dump enough you can kill a Tengu with an Astero

T3 cruisers are very susceptible to neuting as most of them use an active tank. Fill some of your high slots with neuts and you have a T3c killer.

I had a fleet of three neuting Endurances pick a Proteus apart and nibble it to death.

2 Likes

Phew, that’s cruel, I like that :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.