Its about time we talked about Missiles again

EDIT Post: Because I am not having this battle again vs pyfa warriors.

Stop using Pyfa as an argument for something in game. You can build the most ridiculous ships in pyfa and they mean F-All in game.

1 Like

active damage control :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

Actually I have perfect missile skills, as well as all other weapon systems, thank you.
I just get tired of only using a few ships. And missiles are just… boring.

Or, you could get light missiles. Or friends. Fit missiles designed to hit frigates. HAMs are for cruiser/battlecruiser. The fact that you’re applying that well to fast tackle kinda proves the point.

How do you clear C1-3 sleeper site with RML’s (reload time)?

I’d simply switch to another HAC.

C3 is easy to solo with RHML praxis… you just have to keep track of your clip.

RLM’s are cruiser weapons.

RHML’s are battleship sized weapons.

The OP suggested that I refit a HAM Sacriledge to RLM’s so I can fight frigs (after his changes), when my drones and HAM’s already get sufficient application (although poor) to eventually repel the tackling frig.

The OP’s changes would make it suicidal to undock in a HAM Sacrilege, or more generally any HAM hull (inside wormholes).

2 Likes

Dude then don’t blame CCP or anyone here that your just using missiles if your tired of using them. Skill up something else like projectiles which have the highest alpha in game, or lasers, or hybrids that put out the most damage. You have so many options. Once you skill those suckers up into T2 and start using them you will start caring less about missiles. Missiles are not op except maybe to NPC pirates.

1 Like

Skill up in Voltron Lightning Sprayers. Then report back to us on whether you still have gripes about missiles.

4 Likes

Let me try my vindicator on you :slight_smile:
I won’t miss. :+1::slight_smile::fire:

The counter to missiles are “missile tracking disruptors” and defender missiles, usually there is a high slot available (not in all cases tho), to fit the missile launcher for defender missiles, while people don’t like using them to defend themselves it’s like all things pvp, choose another opponent if you aren’t set up to deal with a missile boat, but to outright expect ccp to nerf things when they’ve given us the counter already, no it is fine the way it is.

3 Likes

Not trying to be a necro negative nancy, but defender missiles were changed a while ago to only fit on Destroyers, and only work against bombs. Sadly, the old defender firewall doesnt work any longer.

2 Likes

Defender missile launcher back in the early days were useful against other missiles, but this changed years ago (no idea why?) and now only useful against bombs, are also limited to destroyer hulls.

Missile disruptors are good and ether reduce missile range or precision of one target ship.

Another option is sensor disruptor which does a similar effect as tracking and missile disruptors, but instead of only effecting one weapon type, it effects the ships target locking. This effects all modules on target ship except smartbombs and autotargeting missiles, and also drone on freeroam mode.

Another option to counter missiles is smartbombs, these will damage missiles, if cycled to match missile approach it is possible to destroy missile before they hit. Though it is subject to smartbomb/s dps vs missile hp type.

Only other option is velocity, if going fast enough you can reduce missile damage by escaping missile explosion radius/velocity.

Technically you can make a few frigate hulls fast enough to outrun the missile. Used to be a variety of troll fits that did that quite well. You couldn’t get a kill without a swarm of them, but boy was the salt collection fun

Honestly OP’s suggestion on how to change missiles is completely retarded at a fundamental level. It really doesn’t matter if they’re right or wrong about missiles being OP.

Either way, it’s important for a PvP game to have this kind of variety, where you have tools with different types of pros/cons. A weapon that negates transversal is very valuable to have in your game, from a design perspective. Likewise the dichotomy between the advantage of instant hitting weapons and delayed damage is valuable, and you need to toss some advantages to the weapon group with delayed damage to make up for it anyway.

It helps way more than just PvP balance as well, since having a weapon type with both different advantages/drawbacks and different types of counters creates opportunities in ship role design, counter measures, etc.

Tweaking more general characteristics of specific weapon groups is what actually makes sense, and what CCP has done in the past.

The disruption module would be useful again, if it was reverted to the weapon disruption, not turret OR missile disruption. But then, only useful for ECM boats… would mean crucifier coming back from the dead, I guess.
The defender missile comments though… wow, are you like… even playing? Those haven’t worked in years. Go back to PUBG.

The person talking about training other skills… I likely had perfect skills in all of the turret weapon systems before you started playing.

They could just make other weapon systems viable at the ranges of missiles, or make missiles have a gradual falloff (call it lack of fuel) at longer ranges.

Make it so that vortron projectors will hit missiles too? Just like they bounce off of drones :slight_smile:

But it doesn’t. Instead it’s like they always have transversal no matter what way they are flying. The explosion velocity stats are woefully low on basically all Missiles. The velocity should be like 1.5 times the fastest base speed on the hulls in class. Then just up the Drf to balance for smaller ships again.
turrets do not need heavy ewar to apply vs same size hulls, missiles do. This is bad design.

1 Like

I’d prefer a blanket reduction in ship speeds down, doesn’t have to be %50, but when a ship moves at 4km/s you only have 2 seconds of scam time, even after target lock.

Well, they did learn that during the nano era, but if you nerf ship speed too much you then have to also nerf webs.
Missiles still would need explosion velocity adjusted as most missiles would still be too slow
Also those 4k fits tend to be overpropped fits or speed frigates. Who should mitigate missiles decently.