It's not a contract if you can't complete it - Courier

I never said don’t play the game. I was quite specific about the risk being made clear on the contract, and you’re being hyperbolic. Stopping breathing would solve a lot of problems, but quitting smoking would too, and so would eating healthy. There are reasonable ways to mitigate risk, especially when the risk is literally written out for you as it is on contracts.

No one has explained to me what makes it a problem, and getting snippy with me about it won’t do the job either, so I remain unconvinced that there’s a problem here.

I would argue that that content falls out of boundaries of the intent of the contract system when it was designed.

Further it was complicated by new lazy content that wasn’t finished so it could be identified without driving out to the region.

1 Like

The same could be said for all emergent gameplay. This is not an argument for fixing something that is conceivably broken due to emergent gameplay. As for these accusations of ‘laziness’, I’m not seeing any justification for that either.

The point is you should clearly be able to tell a player owned station from one that is not and that line has blurred by adding player owned stations and doing nothing for contracts.

“Station may not be accessible”

It’s right there on the contract. So is the destination, as a matter of fact, which means you can already tell a player station from an NPC station because they are named differently, following different conventions.

Well if you start by saying “there is no problem” when actually “you don’t care”, then of course there can’t be a discussion. If you want to not see the problem, why would someone waste time ?

Plus, it’s pretty obvious what the problem is. I think you are just being full retard mode.
Confirmed, you just keep repeating the same nonsense.

1 Like

I cant access almost any station in losec on my faction character, inaccessible doesn’t mean npc.

Apparently you’re not understanding the purpose of the “Station might not be accessable” prior to accepting it. It’s your job to make sure it has docking rights before accepting. The fact that they can change it after it’s been accepted is no different than accepting 100m isk contract for a ship and it taking out 1000m from your wallet.

Please don’t visit my intentions, it’s actually quite rude and arrogant. I don’t see the problem. You don’t know whether I care or not, and whether I care or not is irrelevant. I have no stake in this, because I don’t run contract scams, and I don’t do contract jobs, and that makes me completely impartial. I want to see where the game imbalance is, on a whole, in a way that effects a large amount of people, and not just a few.

This hyper-emotional defence mechanism you keep throwing down in your responses to me shows you are not impartial. So I’ll be ignoring you from here on out.

The fact you can change it after the contract is issued isn’t realistic.

It also makes all the content into something less desirable too do.

2 Likes

It has to do with what a contract is, an agreement between two players towards a defined goal. If you accept a contract you expect the outcome to be what it shows on the contract. Even if you fall for a scam where they say it’s 9.8b and you pay 980m thinking you’re getting a good deal but you just bought 30m of items off the person. That is on you the player because you didn’t research.

A courier contract is completely different, the contract can say 9.8b you buy it for 9.8b you verify the items are worth 9.8b, and then when you accept it, the items instantly and magically turn into 0 isk value. That’s the problem with not being able to courier contracts. You can accept it when docking rights are open to all, then they can choose to block you from finishing the contract, thus being able to scam you.

It’s highly unethical.

1 Like

Stations can change owners, or be attacked, at any moment. Just because you have docking rights when you accept the contract, doesn’t mean you’ll have them when you get there. Whether the owner can change them or not is irrelevant. If the station is otherwise affected by any other circumstance, you’ll get the same effect. This is the dynamic EVE, the EVE it was meant to be. The risk is written in black and white - “station may not be accessible”. It’s not unclear at all what kind of risk you’re taking, and your choice to proceed with the risk is your choice, not a problem with the game.

No some scams are perfectly legit, but again this is one that doesn’t scam you for being bad, it scams you for doing content.

1 Like

You don’t see a problem with being able to accept a contract to a station that is acessable to you, and then they can lock you out preventing you from reaching them so you can’t complete a contract?

You’re being willfully ingorant, and nearly every time this conversation comes up I check contract histories of the characters reply and they are all scammers.

1 Like

I don’t, I only say what your post says.

NOBODY asked for more warnings, so the fact that you repeat “but there is already a warning” is just retard show.
And since you show you don’t understand the problem, and then affirm there is no problem, it’s just a troll.

1 Like

It scams you by not allowing you to complete a contract, this is wrong is so many ways.

1 Like

I’ve never scammed anyone. I suggest you brush up on your intel gathering skills, because they appear to be incredibly rusty.

I don’t know why you need to make this personal. I’m trying to have a conversation with you here, a dialectic. So far, nothing you’ve presented makes a case to me that there is a problem here, or any ‘broken mechanic’. You say it’s ‘unfair’, I say that’s EVE. EVE is unfair. Working as intended. When you say, ‘they shouldn’t be able to change their mind’, I say, ‘everyone has the right to change their mind’, and remind you that some circumstances are unavoidable.

What happens if you accept a contract to a station that changes owners while you’re enroute? Gets destroyed while enroute? Same effect. You can’t take away the freedom to change access to a station to anyone without changing that effect. There are other nuances at play here that you’re not considering, and you really need to, because every small change you make to this game has the potential to have vast unexpected and unintended consequences. Every last one.

Correct, even with a warning you can see if there is docking or not. If the docking is open, then why should a player be concerned? It’s the fact that a courier contractor can’t deliver after accepting a contract, after verifying the player owned station was open at the time of the contract, and then closed off to them after it was accepted.

It’s completely different than anything else in eve, everyone know’s it’s busted, everyone knows it’s wrong, it needs fixed.

1 Like

Next will be a hauling to player stations event because no one is doing it.

That’s the major problem, being able to deliver goods to a player station is a wonderful thing, it’s immersive, it’s exciting. It shouldn’t come with dangers outside of pirates, and gankers. Having to worry about a flawed/busted game mechanic, is a problem.

Iirc CCP said they would work on something like a year or so ago, never happened.

1 Like