Jita Remastered

While I exited Jita 4-4 way before coffee this morning I am almost certain that my shuttle exited the station from a different port than the main one. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes, jita 4-4’s remodel is almost complete and there are multiple spots to exit from now. Also hold on to the fireworks you get for an event… tomorrow.

Is there a way to select which exit port you can use or is it just random?

Totally random unless using a a larger ship, I think. Why not go test it out?

Ehhh, are you serious?

You’re not going to tell me that this is the only station that will have this… feature, right?

Honestly, this is absolutely disgusting on behalf of CCP. I’m not going to mince words about this; making people to log in five different times to claim the same ■■■■■■■ “reward” instead of just once is reprehensible, and downright sociopathic. I hope someone with decision-making powers actually reads this, because I straight-up want to call them an asshole. Point them this way, Dorrim, please.

What’s the intent, exactly? That a person will get to the login screen, claim their trinket, and then decide “well, might as well go do some pew-pew!” and proceed to undock and lose a ship, then replace it via PLEX purchase? That simply doesn’t happen.

I’m working 18 hours a day, and then I gotta deal with this ■■■■■■■■? Why can’t they just inject the rewards directly into the redemption queue?

1 Like

I read somewhere that some of the upwell structures have multiple undock points, based on different ship sizes. I haven’t looked too closely at the Jita model, but the exits seem to all point in the same general direction

honestly … i was missing you :smiley:

1 Like

Sorry, been really busy.

I even started training a new account to give FW a shot when I have more time again.

source

Fortizars and Keepstars already have this feature. Been in game a long time now.

1 Like

Tethering makes the “feature” less significant on citadels.

You have no idea. I don’t think you understand the extent to which @Destiny_Corrupted thinks poorly of FW. (WB btw DC :slight_smile: )

So there’s still no answer and no one from CCP had replied here?

No one knows what skill points expire and when?

They answered the question in Reddit.

1 Like

To show a big “daily accounts logged in” number to the bean counters in order to woo more investors into throwing their money at CCP.

1 Like

I think there could be better metrics to express that, but even then, they could do this in a much more benign manner that doesn’t frustrate their player base so much. For example, they could change the rewards to be packages, and only require players to claim them about once a week. Then they could market their login numbers as “weekly peaks” that would actually be higher than daily peaks today, because fewer players would skip logins on average.

Besides, pure login numbers are meaningless, as smart investors (and rich people usually don’t become rich by being stupid) will ask about average play time per player, and average revenue per player. At that point, CCP will quietly blurt out something along the lines of “3 minutes 47 seconds…16 cents” and all the investors will get up from the table, go outside, and walk straight into the Atlantic Ocean while doing the thousand-yard stare. Because login numbers are meaningless if most of those logins are F2P accounts logging in to claim freebies in the character selection screen.

Seriously, â– â– â– â–  that noise. You owe us more respect than that, CCP. No one likes this â– â– â– â– .

I don’t mind FW, I just think that adding a farmable PvE element to it was stupid. The financial rewards should’ve been limited to bounty payouts (i.e. slightly less than financial damage caused per kill), with the main rewards being fame and aesthetic bling, such as fancy titles, ship paints, character clothing, etc. I’d rather have an “Admiral General” tag and a golden Deagle strapped to my character than another bunch of ISK (yawn).

Another idea I had is to let FW entities straight-up tax all non-FW participants for doing business in their sphere of influence, like a sov-lite system, but in empire space. Don’t want to be taxed? Join FW and help fight. And no stupid permanent standing hit ■■■■■■■■. I have this in my unfinished high-sec PvP proposal whitepaper, which no one will ever see because I’ll probably be dead soon.

wot

On the surface this is valid, but I would argue, for one, that usually it isn’t the owners of the currency that are doing the investing. They pay people to do that for them while they enjoy their new Yacth.

The amount of data saved, sorted, categorized, etc. by most game companies today is absolutely staggering. I remember when Guild Wars 2 hit their first or second anniversary, they released a special commentary for the players that included game data for the previous time since launch, and they had data on some very granular levels. How many players had been killed by Risen Plague Bearers, for example. How much gold had been looted. How many of a given item type had been looted, etc. And that’s just the in-game data level.

Companies retain data down to the minute in many cases. Daily log ins, daily unique log ins, how long players are logged in for. Which account they are logged in on the most (if they have multiple accounts or characters), how many accounts on average are doing a given activity in game (in City of Heroes, at least in it’s current version, they list, for example, the number of people who are logged into the game currently, but how many of those people are in the character creator).

(continuing with generic game data, not specific to Eve): They track how fast your character moves vs. how far (to try and catch hackers), they qualify your input information to verify that you are not breaking any rules on macros.

Through all that data they come up with numbers on not just how many minutes players spend in game on average, but whether or not that animated cash shop button (that puts the CPU into a fit ahem) resulted in more people clicking on it. CCP knows how many people see the event login rewards, but then grab them, play the game for a bit, and then log in the next day without realizing they had not grabbed the standard daily log in reward (thus creating a sense of loss, ramping up the fear of missing out, and conditioning them into an exact daily log in process).

The broker people that the wealthy people pay to invest their money deal with huge volumes of information, and they also are working not just for one wealthy person. Yes the average time a person spends logged in is vital, but there are layers to the data that is presented. If someone says “hey, I like the daily unique log in numbers, but how long are the players logged in?”, then CCP can show them that number and not fret simply because other metrics that are also of concern. Things like how well the cash shop performed during the last sale. How often do Omega clone players open the cash shop compared to Alpha clones. How much one spends vs. the other.

The primary problem is that there is a common “formula” for how to run a large game business. Investors want a fast ROI, and game companies want people investing in them so they can grow their business and generate more profits (which becomes a vicious cycle, especially when debt is brought in to push for an expansion or the launch of a side project game that none of the players asked for).

The formula then dictates what a game company can or cannot do if they want to remain attractive to investors.

Again, I’m not disputing your comment completely, but I disagree about investment companies being just fine with weekly averages of daily log in numbers. Especially since games often rotate cash shop sales mid-week, etc. You are absolutely correct about the amount of time logged in being low resulting in some issues, but large groups of people are fickle and unpredictable at times. Real world events can affect what they do in games (example: characters, and their ships, can have masks, and we have project discovery, etc.). How a company reacts in that case also has an affect on their bottom line.

Well, I hope that whatever shekels CCP gets from these inflated login numbers are worth the goodwill hit they take as a company.

I know that many times, when I did have the time to play, by the time I cycled my accounts to pick all the breadcrumbs, I was already sick of the game for the day, and spent the remainder of my time playing something else. If login numbers are worth more to them than people actually playing and enjoying their game, well, that’s their prerogative, I guess.

1 Like

nobody’s FORCING you to log in. Nobody is holding a gun to your head and screaming at you to PVP in a video game. You have the CHOICE as to whether you even bother to claim the daily trinkets or the free SP. Sure, you can complain all you want as is your right, but given your other CHOICES which you clearly haven’t considered, one can only shake their head sadly at you and walk away.