Job Cost of Invention and Copy

Hi folks,

I am doing some T2 manufacturing cost calculation. I am very curious about Invention and Copy job installing cost. Especially how Estimated Item Value (EIV) comes from?

For example:
Vexor blueprint copy job:
Estimated Item Value (EIV): 169,189 (Where does this number come from?)
Vexor blueprint invention job:
Estimated Item Value (EIV): 2,752,205 (Where does this number come from?)

For copy job. There is a formula for copy job in https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Research.
But, what is the Material quantity and Material adjusted price for copy job? I queried /markets/prices/ from ESI, but no adjusted price for blue print.

For invention job. I found some old posts about invention job cost. No formula adds up.

Start by taking 2% of the EIV (estimated item value) which is the estimated cost of manufacturing an item from the blueprint being copied/invented assuming ME0 and using the game estimated values for materials. This is then multiplied by the system cost index and the number of runs. There may also be modifiers based on structure hull bonuses and rig bonuses.

Since the game estimated value and system cost index are dynamic, the number will change.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I have finally figured it out.
Vexor blueprint copy job:
Estimated Item Value (EIV): 169,189 (EIV of manufacture Vexor at ME0 8459466 * 0.02)
Vexor blueprint invention job:
Estimated Item Value (EIV): 2,752,205 (EIV of manufacture Ishtar at ME0 137610231 * 0.02)

The system cost index is based on recent activity, so it is variable, and significantly higher in popular production areas (for example, systems adjacent to Jita have MUCH higher indexes than those 5+ jumps away.)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.