[JS] UserScript - Show Corporation / Alliance

This is a tampermonkey/greasemonkey script, but can be used outside of it too.

In short:

• Adds corporation and alliance names to the popup if you click on a users portrait

Might update to include on users page but thats a little more messy and would probably affect performance.

Thanks @CCP_Avalon for updating the forums CSS to make this work more smoothly :slight_smile:

Prerequisites:

Installation Link

If you like this UserScript, please leave me a like! :slight_smile:

Example preview:

12 Likes

Noice.

It is easy to see now that they could have added it and with rectangular avatar that would be slightly lower in the image on the right it would be even better. Avatars are already rectangular, only in round cutout.

3 Likes

its a bit complicated to get that info there and not 100% reliable nor performant (fast) if you check how many requests have to be made to achieve that (name to id, get sheet, get corp/alli, aka 4 requests in total just to get that)
i suspect though that my code could bug on some user names but i havent found one yet so fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Looks like it doesn’t work on Greasemonkey in Firefox, sadly.

1 Like

if you gimme debugging code ill fix it :slight_smile:
check what the console says (F12?)

2 Likes

I tried but the console shows nothing :frowning:

1 Like

i updated it, can you try again? should work now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It works.

Side note, uBlock Origin apparently breaks it, as the updated version “didn’t work” but I gave disabling uBlock a go and that sorted it.

1 Like

can you tell me which URL it blocks?
i guess it has to do with affiliation, ill update the script once more to remove the word “affiliation”

2 Likes

Ironically, the only thing it says it blocks is googletagmanager.com - I tried using the logger and with the logger enabled your script works :expressionless:

Edit:

And now it’s working without - is there an expected lag when you open a user card? It looks like the variables might take a couple seconds to populate or something, and if they’re not populated it doesn’t show?

I’m seeing ~2-3 seconds before corp/alliance populate.

1 Like

slowclap :smiley:
i removed the affiliation, maybe it helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

…so with the affiliation removal, it’s down to 1s or less before corp/alliance show, which is plenty fast :slight_smile:

2 Likes

would love to be able to drop one call (name to id conversion) but thats sadly a thing i cant drop atm bc of how discourse works here

2 Likes

@CCP_Falcon is this something that might be able to be added into another experimental theme?

2 Likes

nice idea - alas it doesnt work for me …

Waterfox 54 … (64 bit port of Mozilla Firefox) … greasemonkey fresh install … script saved … nothing changes
Forum on “Wide(experimental)”

When I analyze if via F12 -> network … I see no info of the script getting executed or whatever :frowning:

1 Like

works for me with TamperMonkey 4.3.5447 in Firefox 55.0b3 (buildid: 20170619071723).

1 Like

I see no change … now using tampermonkey …

1 Like

wasnt watching the forums for a few days, happy to debug the issue with you in waterfox, but in this case i cant just install windows and waterfox so maybe check the console for errors? :slight_smile:

EDIT: Firefox is 64bit now since the last release btw :wink:

2 Likes

I just added a new feature, the corporation / alliance names link to the respective EVE Gate Profiles and there is a “open external” icon next to the name (except for CCP/ISD for now where its below) to open the persons EVE Gate Profile.

1 Like

yea … run now in FF 55 b03 nightly … and the problem is solved … script now runs

as ISD Stall told in another thread - you can take those links to Eve gate out again … eve gate is outdated and will most likely close some day

1 Like