Jump Freighters rule change?

Then there are plenty of activities in the game that are better suited to them than jump freightering cargo around. Maybe try activities that fit your playstyle rather than trying to change the ones that don’t.

Tama is lowsec,. thats not even close to a better option for a JF or any freighter for that matter

very much respect this answer and I 100% agree with it

If they allow a HS cyno, then make it so the destination is the closest LS system.

You have no clue how to use a JF, right?

You jump into Tama on a station and insta dock (place your Cyno right, dont be a dumbo)
You then undock, aligne to the HS gate and click warp. Its only 3 more HS gates to Jita (0.7+ i think).
From Jita you just undock and directly jump out. So you can only get ganked in those 3 HS systems (if you do everything right)

1 Like

I will highlight what @Hink_Yaken has already replied. You clearly don’t have a clue how JF works.

This in the first time in 13 years I’ve heard Tama described as a safer option for anything.

1 Like

Have you ever flown a JF? Granted Tama isn’t my favorite place to jump into (given it isn’t the only option) but unless you are inept it’s safer to jump a freighter into Tama than flying a JF through uedama.

It was just a joke about Tama.

Fair enough.

That being said according to zkill there have only been 35 jump freighters killed in Tama since 2008

as long as there is counter play and there is you can use a DTS with mwd for example to move though high risk spots or trade in other hubs that are not Jita or exit cynos, then I don’t see any issue. I like JF the way they are I do think it would be good if there were some fitting options on this ship so as to make the math not always a certain thing(like there is with an orca) but I think you loose your JF 90% of the time you need to just start contracting your ■■■■ to someone who knows what they are doing JF are quite rare kills if you look at kill boards vs the amount of them flying round highsec and I think that is how it should be they should be something people need to work hard for and rewarded when they happen.

I jump my Jf to LS from NS then gate it to high sec. After that I use Red Frog to Jita. I only ever use my JF when there are contracts to pay for fuel. Every other times i use pochven filaments and wormholes to bring my goodies to sell in Jita. If you plan your logistics accordingly you will see no need to change JF.

Although if CCP halves jump fuel requirements I will use the thing more often.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.