Kicking Over Castles news discussion

That would lead to issue with personal data leaking.

How?
If it’s unlabelled, only visible as an aggregate to the CEO, there is no personal data involved. Only bulk Corp data.
Not to mention it’s not a privacy issue in any countries laws I can think of for a game to have that data.
I’m very sure it’s doable.

Umm, I’m pretty sure a corp knows when it is active, and the current system of allowing corps to set the timers covers that. Being able to set it on a weekly basis also allows a corp to adjust the timer to work schedule rotation, if necessary. In short, this change is not needed

They do, but they also know when their enemies are active, and if my structure is invulnerable while my enemies are active what better situation could there possibly be? I believe that is what this change is aimed at addressing, though I’m not sure if it achieves it (time will tell?).

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

The point is that if CCP wants to stop time zone tanking, then this is a much better way to do it than CCPs currently messing around, which instead screws over non 24/7 corps and is very likely to decrease fights because defenders can’t make the hull timer days sometimes.

Yes, corps are very selfish with setting their timers to when they can protect their property.

Corps often don’t set it to when they can defend but to the most inconvenient time for attackers. That is what time zone tanking is.
This would instead make them actually pick a time when they can defend, rather than a time no one in either attacking or defending Corp is normally on. Which is one of the problems CCP are trying to solve with this update.

1 Like

If it were a corp of retarded monkeys, the sure, personally, i would want my station to be vulnerable when i was there to do something about it, not while i am at work and hoping for the best. The life expectancy of an optimist is very short in this game.

Man, I didn’t realize these self-proclaimed small corporations were such whiny crybabies.

I don’t think any of you own space that’s actually worth invading, or these spooky scary larger entities would already have done so.

If you know or you think you actually can defend it sure you set it that way, if you know you cannot you set it in a way to maximally annoy the possible attackers. Thats TZ tanking.

Okay, if you want to talk about cry babies, read the posts about the NS blackout, you will see who the real cry babies are. As far as invading space that no one wants, then you must be new here. Corps will invade space, gank, what ever, just to win and feel good about themselves. No one in Eve ever said “let me thin my fleet back to make it a fair fight”. In short players will crush other players just for their own gratification.

3 Likes

The reality is, big entities are bored and they want something to do, but they want a guaranteed victory, with minimal risk. What of CCP said “hey we are making changes that will make it harder to hold unused space and the null blackout is permanent” . I read the posts, NS folks lost their $h!t, well about 2/3 of them, the other 1/3 where in favor of it. So the next time you call someone whiny or a care bear, look in a mirror first

1 Like

Back in the day, i use to make mods for several different games, mostly to fix bugs and tweak short comings. My friend asked me to make a mode for a game we played together so that a combat spell scaled up longer that it should have. It became OP and ruined the game, for me at least,for him, it was not powerful enough. He wanted the ability to crush everything all the time… Think about what you would do if you had that kind of power here and what you would do.

When I was in Tactical Supremacy the timers were set for weekdays if I remember correctly. Not so much because they wanted to weekday tank, but because most of them did other things at the weekend. So they set their timers for when most of their players were on.

2 Likes

There are better ways to do it. I gave an example of using hacking skills to adjust the timers. Its that simple - no reason to give full power to fat SOV alliances.

Your choice to consent to PvP is the undock button. It’s the entire thrill of the game. That you can always be killed. But when you are killed, it’s almost always your own fault, since there are ways you could have taken to prevent this. This just shows me that you don’t understand that Eve, at its core, is a PvP game. Otherwise we’d have Supers in nullsec crabbing with Officermods, which would lead to an even bigger inflation really.

Agree. It’s very weird. An attack on smaller groups. Basically you are saying you need to always play, or join a massive alliance.

I also don’t like to comment about station spam. Isn’t that like looking at an alliance and saying “member spam”.

So just caught up on the post.

The TL:DR version from what I got,
Lots of small problems : CCP is just shifting the issues around with out fixing the problem.

No matter what CCP does, one group is effected (generally the “small guy”) which is why I will repeat myself again (maybe someone will comprehend it this time)

#1 problem with most balance attempts in the game are that groups are to big. When you have 10k F1 monkeys in one group they get bored and do stupid stuff and throw ■■■■. If you break those 10k into like 100 or 200 groups and then don’t allow them to blue everyone under the sun, you can do proper balance of game features and have more fun.

2 Likes

You’re asking CCP to solve the problem of human nature.

If people can’t blue in-game, they’ll just blue out of game, or have alliance/corporation messages to say “Don’t shoot anyone from X/Y/Z corporation since they’re our allies”. You break up Goonswarm into 200 groups, you’ll just end up with Goonswarm 1 all the way through to Goonswarm 200, and they’ll all agree not to shoot each other.

3 Likes

This is CCP’s biggest problem. Nothing against CCP. Good luck to breaking up such a large group. :weary: