Kill mail removed from certain cases

QuakeGod

So, you think newbies are rage quitting because there is a record of them being killed? That’s all this is about? Just so new players won’t have their killmails posted on ZKill for everyone to see?

1. no
  2. no
  3. no

besides I doubt rookies know about kill boards

Your suggestion won’t stop a single gank from happening. Not a single damn one…

QuakeGod

Your suggestion won’t stop a single gank from happening. Not a single damn one…

It will remove proof of the action. Such proof can be used to demonstrate skills that result in acceptance into corporations and the like. It will reduce a certain kill count also which applies to the same … .

What about kills where the ship is killed by NPCs?

That should be even worse than kills by suicide gankers, right? Should those be removed too, to hide the player from the shame of being killed by NPCs?

Gerard Amatin

What about kills where the ship is killed by NPCs?

That should be even worse than kills by suicide gankers, right? Should those be removed too, to hide the player from the shame of being killed by NPCs?

1. no, that does not involve CONCORD
  2. maybe
  3. no

It can be done easily, without a research team. However, expecting someone to actually be able to logically defend their claims with evidence, yes absolutely.

Xoj Ruilegt

I said “Good day sir.”

Thanks I guess, but I don’t see how that advances your position though.

1 Like

So OP wants to reduce relevant intel on gankers ? Nope, if only to benefit the players who actually do get their intel work done and use standings to get early warnings in local …

1 Like

Yeah, that would be a side effect that would affect people who try to protect themselves, as they won’t have access to the killmail of the gank in situations, commonly, where the gankers manually post the kill but don’t post their losses.

For my hauling, I run my own server and for any route, part of the prep is to check what ganking has been active along the route:

That wouldn’t be anywhere near as useful (and I’m not the only one that uses the service I’m running) if he OP’s suggestion is implemented.

5 Likes

pretty sure it would be the main effect :smiley:

Wadiest Yong

So OP wants to reduce relevant intel on gankers ? Nope, if only to benefit the players who actually do get their intel work done and use standings to get early warnings in local …

Finally something to think about.
To resolve that then only the victim would receive a kill mail. This would prevent the aggressor from attaining a kill in some kill board.

Killmail is fine. Ego boost for those doing fake PVP a.k.a piracy and Intel for the others.

1 Like

Here’s an extra element to consider. If the gankers do their ganking because of “pride” and tear harvesting, as your post suggested, they will have their account linked to a killboard that is public. Victims in hisec for instance, at least from what I can deduce from certain hisec ganks, are more often not account linked to killboards. So that piece of intel (their loss mail) would be lost, because it would be hard to convince (hisec non-pvp) people to link their accounts to public killboards. The intel would be gone, and a lot of the chance to prepare yourself against ganking.
The really dangerous gankers are the ones that are not linked to killboards, they want to stay in the dark. At least that’s my take on it.

All that public info actually makes the game safer (something some folks at ccp gnash their teeth over)

2 Likes

The resolution however wouldn’t resolve anything. The whole argument in the OP is based on a belief (unsupported by any critical analysis), that gankers gank because it gives them a killmail and that somehow, the level of ganking for that purpose is significant enough that if that is removed, somehow the player count will stop falling and actually increase.

It ignores many of the reasons that gankers gank, that don’t involve just getting a killmail (eg. fun, profit, because they want to play the villain, because the game allows and encourages it, etc.); and the proposed way to resolve the issue that hasn’t shown to be an issue, won’t actually work.

It will still just deny people intel that they can use to help protect themself; and do nothing about all of the other more influential reasons that players gank.

Wish I could get bumpmails for punting AFK Orcas into the next dimension…

3 Likes

Hey, I’ve never seen that before. You got more info and/or a link?

We are at war. The mining caste will be extirpated.

1 Like

Kill Mails should stay as they are.

Kill Mails are mails of your death / Kills , The end.
it should not matter who or what kills you or helps you kill someone.

as for the rest your discussing… i don’t care about that.

She’s got a point tho, killmails should be added for Harvester and Augmented Mining Drones, then I would have more incentive to shoot them instead of just taking them.

1 Like