KVN-36 Node Death - 2020/08/21

This event, more than any other, has proven to me that CCP does not care about its players. TiDi affecting essentially every mechanic except repair timers, as well as the tolerance of efforts which were simply with the goal of crashing the server and making the game unplayable, rewards those who exploit the game to make it as un-fun as possible for everyone involved. CCP should either make further investments and optimizations to its hardware as needed to ensure it can handle the ultimate sandbox it claims to be, or end toleration of the frankly destructive and intentionally server-heavy tactics which were employed in order to crash the node in this battle.

3 Likes

You have to remember, CCP was cool with Mitten’s broadcasting a demand for a player to kill themselves. CCP never cared about the players.

4 Likes

if you mean the servers yeah lol

1 Like

thought he got kicked off the CSM for that

Correction it handle fine until the Panfam fleets started to kill the Goon Rohks, Ravens and Praxis fleet.

1 Like

Gigx got perma banned. Mittens got “punished”

2 Likes

he should have been permabanned

1 Like

He did, and got an ingame ban for a month. Strange that people never mention that part

1 Like

According to reddit we should be thankful tidi exisits :rofl:

Gigx was Perma’d, why is Mittens still able to exist?

2 Likes

But… but… jackdaw fleet was the last to die before the crash…
I´m sure it´s nice to blaim everything on the sinister enemy but it´s servers fault: i bet i wasn´t even reinforced.

You realize that it was an Imperium fleet getting smartbombed that triggered this…?

Would you rather have the dark times before TiDi back? I sure as ■■■■ don’t.

Stop beating the dead horse.

4 Likes

servers crashed because ccp could not handle the load. Maybe they have older equipment running this node, maybe a hamster died who knows.

But blaming anyone for using any fitting in the game is just being a poor looser. Can’t wait till yall get to delve

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Because of the differences between their actions/words + time: what was ok before became a no-no a few years afterwards.

1 Like

that keepstar needs to be set to its structure timer. this ■■■■ is absolutely ■■■■■■■ ridiculous. I’ve been playing this game for a decade and I do genuinely love it, but my respect for CCP wears thinner and thinner for all the times we as the players have to put up with your inability to make the game mechanics fair in the context of the hardware/software limitations of the game. Why is it that combat timers pause when nodes crash, but structure timers just keep going as if everything is fine? It is utterly absurd and illogical. this ■■■■ shouldn’t be so hard to figure out

5 Likes

What Mittens did was never okay. At no point has it been okay to tell a community to hound someone to commit suicide. But to be fair, CCP has been pandering to Mittens for years, still won’t save Goons.

1 Like

smells like favoritism

3 Likes

the solution is , 24 hrs after the timer started the Keepstar is put into the same position as when the server crashed. Fair chance for everyone to resume the fight

3 Likes

For those of you blaming CCP for ‘having bad hardware’ and ‘not caring about their players,’ let’s remember that Eve Online is one of the (if not the) only games in existence that allows such a large amount of players to fight at once. This game holds the top several spots for largest video game battles in history, and by an extremely large margin compared to other games. Even the big games like WoW crash when only a few hundred players attempt to congregate in one place, let alone thousands and let alone those thousands interacting with each other through combat.

With all that said something that does need to be addressed is that citadel timers and their damage caps aren’t subject to TiDi (that means that in 10% tidi the 75,000 DPS damage cap turns into 750,000 DPS, and the timer continues to count down in real time). I don’t know what the technical hurdles are to making these mechanics affected by TiDi, but such a change would fix a lot of issues that lead to large fights like this fizzling out.

1 Like

Look at the topic of this discussion. Where does it say mittens vs gigx? Oh yeah, it doesn’t.

Dead horse. Stop beating it.

Summer children spotted.

2 Likes