L1 mission for TLF has ships way beyond me! How can I play?

Hi guys, I’m new! I played a bunch of the tutorial missions and have the hang of things, so decided to join the TLF to gain some respect! I traveled to a sector with an L1 agent and took a mission - I have to go blow someone up. OK - no problem - I’ve done this a bit. But when I show up, he is surrounded by about 10 goons and they don’t move away from him as I approach, so if I engage 1, I have to engage all of them. They are much more powerful than anything I’ve encountered. They wreck me pretty soon after that. I can provide more information if needed, but I am lost on how to accomplish this mission.

As a side question - are their ways to get TLF missions that are not so difficult? I would like to complete the one above, but not sure if I can pull it off just yet.

Can you post your ship and fit? Also the name of the mission would be great.
Level one missions are normally fairly approachable in a T1 frigate even with a T1 fit.

1 Like

Sure. I’m using a Rifter. I lost the mission now so don’t have the name. But there were like 10 ships and couldn’t separate them so I’m not sure how I could have done that. Where can I go (Minmatar) to get some missions at my current level? Thanks so much for your help!

2 x 125 mm Gatling Autocannon with EMP S
1 x Light Missile Launcher with Inferno Missiles
1 x Stasis Webifier
1 x 1 MN monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
1 x Civilian Explosive

Well theres your problem, your ship is only half fit! (Also never use civilian modules, they’re meant for practice, not really for actual use)

This is more of a brawling PvP fit, but it should also work in your case:
[Rifter, Scram Kite]
125mm Light Carbine Repeating Cannon I

J5b Enduring Warp Scrambler
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
1MN Afterburner I

Small Ancillary Armor Repairer
Damage Control I
Counterbalanced Compact Gyrostabilizer
‘Refuge’ Adaptive Nano Plating I

Small Projectile Burst Aerator I
Small Nanobot Accelerator I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I

If anyone has a better mission fit, pls post.

2 Likes

If you don’t have the website yet, I would suggest adding This to your bookmark
https://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=MissionReports

I prefer to call that the EVE Mission “bible”

As far as fits go, i’m not familiar with using minmitar but here are two fits I picked up from Osmium

[Rifter, Mission lvl1 Minmatar Rifter]
Small ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructer I
Counterbalanced Compact Gyrostabilizer
Damage Control I

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger
Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger

200mm Light ‘Scout’ Autocannon I, Phased Plasma S
[empty high slot]

Small Anti-Kinetic Pump I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Capacitor Control Circuit I

[Rifter, Rifter Speed Tank]
Gyrostabilizer I
Overdrive Injector System I
Overdrive Injector System I

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Limited ‘Anointed’ EM Ward Field
Small Shield Extender I

200mm Light Carbine Repeating Cannon I, EMP S
‘Malkuth’ Rocket Launcher I, Inferno Rocket

Small Projectile Collision Accelerator I
Small Auxiliary Thrusters I

2 Likes
  1. eve-survival is a must. Keep it open all the time you are picking next mission. You will see what kind of damage to tank and what to impact. What are the triggers and suggestions how to eliminate NPC in correct order. Very important information.
  2. L1 mission means lots of small targets. Small guns are most effective against them. But frigates are not the only type of ships, bonused for small guns. Destroyers. Thrasher in your minmatar case.
  3. Usually in PvE you need two hardeners and a repairer. Thats all for tank. Rest is damage amplifiers or damage projection amplifiers. If skills are really low you can always add damage control as third, universal hardener.
  4. Skill up certain social skills to bypass L1 missions at all and go straight to L2 missions. Gnosis is a best mission running boat for low skilled missioners. Sell some PLEX to by and fit one. But you will need drone skills to get maximum form it. Destroyer with low skills will have hard time to survive L2.
  5. Not all locations are good for missioning. Not all corps give same ISK for 1 loyality points. You need to research https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/lpstore/ and http://evemaps.dotlan.net/ to find a corp and place to run missions. Ideal is agent in system with 0.5 security and maximum ISK for one LP
2 Likes

Hi everyone - thank you so much! These tips were amazing. After fitting my ship properly, I had no problem at all taking out L1 missions and have moved on. Thank you for opening my eyes!

6 Likes

This guide will give you a lot of information about flying the Rifter. It’s old and the ship has changed but the basics are the same. For PVE missions, you don’t need warp scramblers or webs - they are most useful for PVP. Part of your tank in a frigate is speed - keep moving at high speed and most of the incoming damage will miss.

http://go-dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/wensley/The_Rifter_Guide_Solo_PvP.pdf

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.