Ship for lev 1 and 2 missions with a newe friend

I can more or less flay anything and t2 fit it. My friend just started the game and I want to get him into some mission running when he’s got some down time. He’s playing a new caldari character and I’d like to help him out when I can. My “problem” is I am not sure what to fly with him. I live in another area of space so want to just load up one ship and go. Can I get a jackdaw into level 1 missions? Anyone got a decent pve fit?

Thanks

1 Like

Okay, it’s been a really long time since I’ve messed with low level missions, so keep that in mind.

Anyway, I’d be willing to bet that you can take a jackdaw into level 1’s, but can’t say for certain. Honestly though, level 1’s suck hard, and it’s easy to get into level 2’s (both in terms of skills and standings). So, if you can pull level 2’s, bring him into those. There will be two of you, and there shouldn’t be anything that scrams or points. Oh, and if you’re still worried about him, you can always warp in first to draw agro.

As for ships and fits, have him try a kiting destroyer. The following fit is 4 mil and newbro friendly, so hopefully he won’t run into any fitting issues. Have him keep range at the edge of his optimal (which should be around 20k).

[Cormorant, PvE]

Damage Control I
Vortex Compact Magnetic Field Stabilizer

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Medium Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
Optical Compact Tracking Computer, Optimal Range Script

125mm Compressed Coil Gun I, Uranium Charge S
[Empty High slot]

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I

And for you, I took someone’s blingy Ded 3/4 Jackdaw fit and made a cheaper variant. It should do quite well in level 2’s. It’s a little tight on CPU, but you could probably downgrade a mod or two to a meta variant, or get a cheap CPU implant. And since you’re using missiles and don’t have to worry about transversal, you should always keep your speed up.

[Jackdaw, PvE]

Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II

Medium Clarity Ward Enduring Shield Booster
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Light Missile Launcher II
[Empty High slot]

Small Capacitor Control Circuit II
Small Capacitor Control Circuit II
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

And good luck. I tried to get my brother into the game, but failed to hook him :frowning:

2 Likes

i suggest you bring a logistics frigate and fit his destroyer/cruiser for resists and firepower

1 Like

I say don’t fly anything fancier at all. Fly exactly what he is flying. A better overall experience for him.

2 Likes

FWIW, there are is at least one level 1 mission that will not allow tactical destroyers.

Source: I very recently was running level 1s in a Svipul and ran into this issue.

I used a kestrel for 1 and 2 then bumped up to a drake for 3

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.