L3/4 myrmidon Build

Get an eos :slight_smile:

I honestly don’t know why people have started fitting dual-reppers on a PvE Myrmidon. Sure, for PvP it’s different, but for missions is it just too much tank.

All it needs is one repper and two resistance modules. Either two specific hardeners or reactive hardener with an EANM. An Afterburner will take care of missile damage simply with speed.

I’ve posted a Myrmidon with Railguns here and it reps and flies on AB all cap stable, and when the Railguns fire is there still enough cap for 7 minutes. That’s plenty of cap even for missions with neuting NPCs and neuting towers.

More DPS means missions get completed faster and the less one has to tank in the first place. Not to mention that one makes more ISK/hour.

And T2 rigs for a rather cheap combat battlecruiser are also somewhat wasteful and it’s not something I would generally recommend unless one has the wallet for it.

If it’s meant for doing L4s then stepping up to a Dominix is the most reasonable way to go.

For Pve what is the best weapon to use for the myrmidon i would like to be able to take the weapon to a L4 mission with confidence if that’s possible with a battle-cruiser

Projectile weapons as they do not use capacitor and have variable damage types.

1 Like

how good is the dps?

The main dps of the Myrmidon comes from drones, not the guns. The guns are merely a little bit of extra DPS to get rid of close range elite frigates faster.

[Myrmidon, *Myrmidon PVE Things]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Reactive Armor Hardener

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Cap Recharger II
Medium Cap Battery II
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Medium Micro Jump Drive

Dual 180mm AutoCannon II
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II

Medium Anti-EM Pump I
Medium Anti-Thermal Pump I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Praetor II x5
Acolyte II x5
Infiltrator II x5

EMP M x1600

With this fitting, you look at theoretical 629 DPS with very good skills and either 4 Praetor or 3 Praetor/2Infiltrator in space and EMP M (non-faction). With a Power Grid Implant, you could probably also fit a 5th 180mm AC for a bit more DPS, or you use the last slot for a drone link augmentor for more drone range.

1 Like

alright thanks a ton

Here an alternative using Railguns.

[Myrmidon, Myrmidon, Drones+Railguns]
Medium Armor Repairer II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

10MN Afterburner II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II (Tracking Speed Script)
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II (Optimal Range Script)
Medium Cap Battery II
Cap Recharger II

250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II

Medium Nanobot Accelerator I
Medium Nanobot Accelerator I
Medium Drone Speed Augmentor I

Hobgoblin II x5
Hammerhead II x5
Ogre II x4

Javelin M x1000
Tracking Speed Script x1
Optimal Range Script x1

I like to keep the rigs neutral in regards to resists and choose to switch hardeners instead or just go with the above combination of Reactive Hardener + EANM. The rigs here take advantage of the ship’s bonuses for repping and drones, which makes the hull useful for a lot of things. One tends to keep a PvE ship for a long time and when rigs were installed for a specific purpose does one either pull them out eventually or starts collecting several hulls in my experience. It ends up being a bit cheaper in the long term when one keeps rigs neutral and focused on role bonuses. But that’s just really a personal preference.

With Javlin M does it do up to 800 DPS while Railguns allow for a large engagement range, too (at lower DPS obviously).

2 Likes

+1 for autocannons

1 Like

just realised i cant use the micro warp drive are there any other items i should put in there

Train for it. The MJD is your Get The Hell Out ticket from missions which are too much for you. Especially if you want to run level 4 missions, this module is indispensable. If you are an alpha character and cannot use the MJD at all, put a stasis webifier in the slot instead to help slow down and get rid of elite frigates.

1 Like

DOMINIX!!

2 Likes

The Dominix is definitely the better choice for L4 missions. Sentries ftw.

1 Like

because its as big and as slow as a battleship and he wants to run l4s with it
i wouldnt run l4s with a t2 medium rep on a bs

Yea hate to say it man but you are going to gimp yourself hard if you refuse to go domi over myrm for l4s

If you are like me and just can’t stand battleships you need start thinking about a gila.

People recommendation for Domi need to realize that it is a horribly long train for newbros. A myrm can be a temporary runner for a good while until then and is much safer in surviving heavy damage missions, even without perfect skills. It is because of skills that a dual rep is necessary, as even his compensation skills are going to be low; his speed will be low; his repping power will be slower, and ship level bonuses lower.

And the only reason I recommend long range weapon systems, and even 250mm rails, is that you can clear frigs and dessies from 70 with ease. 720’s won’t give you that, but 250’s can even with meta guns. You’re plenty cap stable even with rails firing non stop.

2 Likes

for lv4s the domi is 100% what I would recommend. I wouldn’t even bother with a myrm in lv4s. Sure it will take a bit more training but to do lv4s you need that training anyways.

that fit looks decent, although using heavies I might consider swapping to a drone nav comp instead of a tracking link.

Rails are a pretty good weapon system some decent damage and range but as you say use cap. Although with cap batteries it’s not too hard to get a lot of cap out of medium sized ships, so I’m not really worried about it. Lasers are going to use even more cap, might get a bit more damage but less range. Then projectiles don’t use cap but the damage is pretty meh, most of the best projectile ships have double damage bonuses to make projectiles worth using.

drugs should improve the income, although they increase costs. You need to look at the net profit to decide if they are worth it or not. In general I’d guess it’s not worth it, but if it comes between spending a few mil on a drug to use in an emergency or losing your ship in that case the drug is always worth it. Spending a few mil to have a booster in cargo shouldn’t create a resource problem. There are probably a few niches where booster use is worth it though so I wouldn’t completely ignore them.

1 Like

+1 for the beginning, just stick to L3 until you have gal BS III - which is the only requirement to jump from myrm to domi.

1 Like

I would get a dominix if i had the money as of right now im broke as a joke
this is why im not getting a dominix if i wanted it im literally less than a day from getting it
they don’t take long to skill into it
but that is money i dont have thanks for the suggestion though

“don’t fly what you can’t afford to lose”.

Just stick to L3s, you will earn more money per hour than doing L4s.
Also, L4s are a big step above L3s in term of DPS, rats composition, ewar and points.
Just, you are very likely to lose your myrmi, also your domi if you don’t have correct skills.

For newbros, MJD is really the way to save your ass.
also, 3200 are more efficient than cap battery for newbros.

1 Like