L3/4 myrmidon Build

I’m just going to say that it should be pointed out that the Myrmidon is one of the Gallente ships that has a viable shield tank option. And depending on how far you want to go with that can get a passive tank of somewhere between 300-500 EHP/s for shields. Though the upper limit precludes having a prop mod available.

Myrmidon is not a very good ship for L4s, but it is good for L3s and a good stepping stone to other, better ships. yes you can do L4s in it but it takes forever to do clears in comparison with other choices and some L4s you will have to decline or lose your ship.

That said, heres a fit that will do L4s pretty decent, but as said above, its not cheap and there are better choices. Its a blinged dual rep. It has 1 regular and 1 anciliary rep, your anciliary is your big rep that needs to be shut down for reloads while your regular runs constantly. Your weapons are ubber expensive drones, hence the rig for drone hitpoints and armor reps. Drone shields will regen on their own once you recall them into drone bay. Just keep in mind you don’t wanna lose these babies, it will hurt financially so drone management ability needs to be up there.

If you get into trouble, recall all drones, use the MJD and repair then get back into action. So that MJD is very important because you don’t have the buffer of a battleship.

[Myrmidon, Simulated Myrmidon]
Corelum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer
Reactive Armor Hardener
Imperial Navy Drone Damage Amplifier

Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Drone Navigation Computer II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Gistum A-Type 10MN Afterburner
Medium Micro Jump Drive

Armor Command Burst II
Drone Link Augmentor II
‘Love’ Medium Remote Armor Repairer
‘Love’ Medium Remote Armor Repairer
Small Tractor Beam I

Medium Nanobot Accelerator II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Drone Durability Enhancer II

‘Augmented’ Ogre x4
‘Augmented’ Hammerhead x5
‘Augmented’ Hobgoblin x5

Armor Energizing Charge x600
Tracking Speed Script x1
Nanite Repair Paste x320

If you are really set to doing L4s in a Battlecruiser style ship, perhaps later on get to command ships and PvP and other things, I highly recommend going for Sleipnir and Nighthawk instead. Eos, the Gallente drone command ship is also decent, much better then Myrmidon, but Sleipneir is where its at, Nighthawk for shield fleets.

The stepping stones to Sleipnir and Nighthawk are Hurricane and Drake. Just bring them up on the ship tree, right click on them, show info, then go to requirements tab. You can do this with ships as well as any module from the ingame simulator. This will tell you what you would need to train in.

Also keep in mid that there is a huge difference between just being able to pilot a ship and doing it really well and effectively. Unfortunately, you will need level 4-5 support skills for everything, including all engineering (cap, cpu, powergrid), tank, navigation (movement), drone and weapon support skills such as tracking and optimal should be at 5s.

So its a long road, but a Sleipnir is a very, very good ship and has a multitude of purposses in which it does well for both solo as well as fleet content and both PvE as well as PvP.

If you are looking for a pure PvE path, then go Vexor Navy Issue, Gila, Rattlesnake. That is a much better choice. Start with Gallente Cruisers, medium and heavy drones to 5, leave sentries for now. Make sure you also get those support skills I mentioned above.

I kinda like it as a shield boat. Something like so:

[Myrmidon, shield L3s]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
10MN Afterburner II
Kinetic Deflection Field II
Thermal Dissipation Field II

Dual 180mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Titanium Sabot M

Medium Core Defense Field Purger II

Caldari Navy Wasp x4

1 Like

For the record, I’d ballpark an armor fit for L3s something like this:

[Myrmidon, L3 armor]

Medium Armor Repairer II
Armor Thermal Hardener II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II

10MN Afterburner II
Large Cap Battery II
Cap Recharger II

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Nanobot Accelerator II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Caldari Navy Wasp x4

Single rep should be fine, especially with three rep rigs on it.

Drones to taste. Dual DNCs and the omni will keep heavies hitting fast and hard enough to be viable. I’d use T2 if possible, of course.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.