L4 Missions

Whats the average isk income for lvl 4 missions?

Varies wildly depending on how quickly you can complete them.

In an interesting twist of fate, the “pay” is terrible, but nobody likes doing them, so the loyalty points (LP) have become quite valuable. It is to the point that salvage/loot is worthless, as is the isk payout and even the NPC bounties. It all comes down to how fast you can blitz the missions to get the LP.

The only exception seems to be anti-empire faction missions - you can scoop up a lot of tags that are worth a bunch of isk. Lots of people don’t like those missions, because they wreck your faction standings, which is exactly why those tags have gone up so much in value.

3 Likes

Your isk return per mission is based on:

1. Mission pay + time bonus ( short of falling asleep or overreaching, you will always get the time completion bonus). This is a dynamic amount, changed by how everyone else has recently done the mission ( or turned it down)

2. LP pay, which the isk return per LP is variable based on the NPC corp/ faction hiring you. You get more the lower the sec level is in the agent’s system. Also dynamic based on other people’s results.

3. Bounties, which vary per opponet type faced in regards to ship sizes, as well as organization membership of the NPCs.

4. Loot/ salvage which can vary from poor/ meh to good depending on the opponets, but takes longer time and effort to collect and/or process.

Stats tend to say that blitzing missions by just destroying the bare minimum to reach completion is the most cost effective way (maximum isk). By having certain missions turned down, they concentrate on those missions with high LP payout and short completion times. They can achieve some good return on their efforts over a relatively short time, but it does take time and practice to be really effective.
Others, will do full clear/kill ( all enemy ships destroyed) or full clear/clean ( all enemy ships destoyed and looted/salvage). The loot is almost always vanilla T1 junk except for the noted above faction tags, but it can add up to millions (2-6+). Salvage can also add up (see Serpentis contaminated fluids) to millions (10+) in missions like Blockade, but can also be minimal for others factions like Mercenaries. Almost all loot I reprocess after using the window to remove higher valued items to help fuel any of my industrial efforts. The salvage can also be self utalized or readily sold on the market.

Remember, having fun and enjoyment may be worth far more to you than min/max missioning. Everyone is different, don’t let other people’s choices drive your decision. Don’t turn EVE into a second job.

7 Likes

11m

If you can find these missions, you’ll make good isk:

Enemies Abound - There are 5 missions in this chain. You could feasibly run all 5 in two hours and the pay is about 200 mil isk. The vast majority of the isk comes from tags, so be sure to loot the wrecks. If you salvage, you can add another 10 million or so. If you include the LP value, you are looking at close to 230 million isk.

Angel Extravaganza - You need the Angel Diamond Tag to get into the last pocket. (Buy this in Jita if you need. They are pretty cheap) You can run the mission in about an hour and you’ll net 65 to 70 million isk, considering you loot and salvage. If you include the LP value, you are looking at close to 80 million isk.

Guristas Extravanganza - You need the Guristas Diamond Tag to get into the last pocket. (Buy this in Jita if you need. They are pretty cheap) You can run the mission in about an hour and you’ll net 65 to 70 million isk, considering you loot and salvage. If you include the LP value, you are looking at close to 80 million isk.

Worlds Collide - You can do this run this mission in less than an hour and net 40 to 50 million, considering loot and salvage. If you include the LP value, you are looking at close to 55 million isk.

I usually have about 10 agents that I go to in my region. Between them all, I can usually get one or more of these four all the time, by just declining any others. I never decline more than once in four hours though. I just decline and move on the next if I don’t get a mission I like. I’ve made a billion isk in a day doing. But I average about 300 to 400 million a day.

1 Like

Not super helpful I know, but level 4s you can expect between 30-150M an hour depending on HOW you do them. Generally speaking the more of them that you blitz (Grab objective and get out) and the more picky you are about which missions you actually do the more money you’ll get.

You can do a lot more. like 3 times more. on a regular basis, not a peek one;

Blitzing missions for maximum income is basically working a second job for very little reward. If you wanna get bored of the game and burn out then I’d totally advise this approach.

If you wanna make some isk while enjoying the game, treat it less as a problem to be optimised and more as something fun to do.

11 Likes

It’s basically doing the same thing as without blitzing them, with at least an interesting reward.

1 Like

^yup this right here. Just find what you like to do and don’t worry about the isk. You will soon get tired of chugging around in a huge loot pinata making isk to by your next loot pinata.

4 Likes

OP… @vole_Ambraelle Glad you asked the question. Just getting into Level IV’s myself. Not something I would grind all the time but maybe when the mood strikes.

I guess I better start looting my missions. I totally did one or two of those anti-faction missions and didn’t bother looting.

15m - 30m if you add up reward, bounties, loot and salvage. Simply depends on the mission and your will to be fully efficient.

1 Like

You could easily Make 150-300 mil per hour depending on how you go about getting into the L4’s… You can be paid to run the missions, or you can learn how to fly a 800m ship that can mow down and blitz all the missions, and avoid ones that give bad standings like enemies abound.

1 Like

Care to elaborate on that ?
Which ship are you talking about and what is your strategy ?

Check out http://Unitedstandings.org and the fit is typhoon fleet issue, and we get paid to run missions.

Remember, having fun and enjoyment may be worth far more to you than min/max missioning. Everyone is different, don’t let other people’s choices drive your decision. Don’t turn EVE into a second job.

Damn, son, that one’s true as all hell. I’ve taken a peek into what bigger corps do, and the logistical hell of all of it, and as a co-worker of mine said: “I don’t want to go home from work, only to start a second job on my free time inside a game.”

3 Likes

who do you run the missions for? does it matter?

Plenty of the LP is also almost worthless. Unless you run for something like Thukker or Sisters of Eve, or factions similar to those. If you run for the navies the best return on your isk on average is implants and their return is around 600isk per 1LP which isn’t that great.

Just keep in mind that those corporations that offer the best return on their LP tend to have any level 4 mission hub heavily saturated with hunter/killer squads of players looking to either score a blinged mission running ship or lazily feed off of provided salvage. SoE stations are notorious for this.

but there’re a lot of people willing to pay for Caldari Navy standings. Plus last time I checked those training implants were at 900/LP Jita Sell.