Latest orca yield buff

@Shipwreck_Jones

So yes apparently a communication error… and it’s ‘her’ not ‘his’

No one. For 250M ISK I could get:

• A T2 fit Porpoise ( +8% foreman for most players ) and a +25% foreman implant, for a total of +35% foreman
  • A Command Destroyer with 2 foreman bursts, a boosh to save the barges in low/null, and an implant that provides +25% foreman

For only a tenfold of the price I could get:

• A naked Whale ( +12% foreman for most players )

Though it’s fit with a boosh, the obvious usage of the command dessie (or a potential more exensive foreman t3c) is to boost a fleet of quickly aligning endurances / prospects, and with the whole fleet being able to get off-grid in 4 seconds, gankers will have to work quite a bit harder. A Prospect can compete with a procurer in terms of yield, get off-grid in 4 seconds, covops warp, move faster in subwarp then any suicide dessie in high, make gankers wonder whether they get blopsed if they go for it in low/null, and all of that at half the price of a Procurer. The Endurance loses on the yield end but given how damage application works, it can be said to be just as tanky as a proc, and capable of outrunning suicide dessies, or just warping off when they land, nevertheless. BUT TEEEEH EHP SO LOW YOU BETTER DON’T EVEN UNDOCK IT!!!

They’re not AFK. They just put their whale on some ice before going to sleep, then offload it when they stand up and put it on a new ice rock before going to work, for some income to PLEX the account.
Come on, that’s not afk.

2 Likes

Indeed it caters to the AFKers completely, Correct me if I’m wrong, but I saw no fleet benefit applied to any of my fleet-mates in their skiffs, and/or their drones etc… I saw my drone affected by it listed as “Unknown” buff

Fleet support was what they were spouting off about I thought? Also as a siege module where would I see this massive uptick in shield strength they speak of? I open my fitting window while in Industrial Config and see nothing different.

“Whilst in the deployed configuration, energy from the Orca’s engines is channeled into incredible shield defenses, improved mining foreman bursts and significantly enhanced mining drone coordination.”

Did not see any numbers different than already listed. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I had hoped this would be a fleet wide buff to help out some our new miners…

1 Like

First, about AFK mining. I have tried mining with an orca, never AFK.
I would still be pissed if my orca became garbage.
It was not OP before. Claiming that orcas were AFK is the main lie. The people who affirm that are the one who should explain you, barney style, why this is correct.

So here are the facts : the orca is a mining and logistic ship. It’s supposed to be used to mine AND boost.
The orca being used more than barges in HS is NOT from AFK players. It’s because the barges were just plainly unusable.
I’ve tried using barges with my orca. covetors would die in a sneeze. people tried to gank my retrievers tank-fit several times, like 3 times in a row after 15 min each. Only proc was usable. The problem was not me being AFK, it was just mining being a chore, and me having nothing interesting in the game but wait for people to come. The reality is, the barges were not usable. Of course this was only correct around Jita in the .5 system I was, in quieter systems it was actually possible to not be aggressed even with covetors. But thats precisely why gankers tell you they can only see orcas : it’s specifically because they are gankers. I travel a lot and I always saw barges, including covetors and retrievers, on the dscan, along orcas. The “AFK orca” issue was only a big plain lie. The story they made up is only propaganda and false logic (fallacious) , including plain lies like them “knowing someone is AFK because he does not respond to a ganker” (sic).

What’s more, reducing the orca yield would ACTUALLY make it MORE AFK. So actually people who use orca would go AFK : reducing the yield of the orca would on the opposite increase its AFK usage, maybe even to the point it becomes an issue.
So, only people who want to have AFK orca would want to reduce its yield. THAT is the reality and the reason CCP did not change the yield, because this request from players actually intended to make the orca MORE AFK.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.