Launcher Issue

Been getting this ever since the new promotion screen was released.

Have to run one account at a time.

1 Like

From GM Mechanic:

The error message “Could not copy files for Tranquility” means that the files in your shared resource cache folder are either in use or being updated. If the issue does not resolve itself in a few minutes try restarting the computer, as that will kill any ghost process that may be preventing the launcher from updating files. If that does not resolve the issue then try deleting the tq folder from within the shared resource cache folder. I’ll provide step by step instructions below.

Start the launcher.
Click on Settings in the left sidebar.
Click on shared Cache Settings.
Click on show in explorer.
Right click on the folder tq and select Delete.
Close file explorer.
Restart the launcher.

If that still does not resolve the issue then I suggest you delete the ResFiles folder from within the Shared resource cache folder. But be warned that this will mean that you have to redownload most of the game files again so that will mean a huge download.

1 Like

today the updated to a new launcher and what do we see:

That’s the fix thanks!

1 Like

I have this issue as well…is there a fix ?

try to press refresh in the options

ok that worked ty Arisha…but by doing that i have lost my daily gifts and gone back to a basic gift pack…not the 1 with sp etc…ohh well at least i am in game :slight_smile:

CCP, pls make it free for other programmers… maybe they can fix all the annoying erros

look at this madness

1 Like

The OP problem is recurring, the fix works but clearly some file IO is either trying to share a file between accounts or leaving the file open.

File IO is programmer 101, fix it.

Can’t even log in anymore, first i did get that screwed logo, then adds disappeared (not that i miss them) and now some font awesome ajax error and instacrash with Qt5Gui error

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.