Launcher updates every time I start it up, even after it just updated

So, I have been having a weird issue with the launcher. ALMOST Every time I start it up. It updates, and it’s apparently updating the same update repeatedly. Client version 1885015 and launcher version 1878290. This is a problem for me as I am on a metered connection and I’m having my bandwidth chewed every time I start the launcher. This is what I did today, and the results…

Today. I started the launcher. Let it update. Then when the update was finished, entered the game. Exited the game. Closed the launcher. Waited 5 minutes. Restarted the launcher… and it ran the same update it just ran minutes before. After the update I closed the launcher. Re-opened the launcher. No update. Entered the game. Exited the game. Exited the launcher. Relaunched the launcher and… it updated again.

I’m not sure what is happening here. Doesn’t matter which character I enter the game with (I tried with several different accounts and characters), the launcher loses the update if I enter the game, but doesn’t lose the update if I just update and close the launcher. Any ideas on what may be going on and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance. BTW, due to this issue I had to temporarily unsub because I can’t afford to have my limited bandwidth chewed up every time I try to enjoy the game. Once this issue is fixed I’ll feel more confident in resubbing again. Gotta have my EVE ya know.

~E

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.