Leave Local Unreliable

Sometimes it works, sometimes it don’t!

Perfect compromise between Blackout and Free Intel!

2 Likes

What do you hope to accomplish with a change like that? If you have a suggestion let us know why you are suggesting it and what you think it will do or change about the game.

Well, I think a compromise would be the way to go, but I don’t think this is the solution. People would just dock up when local didn’t work, and it doesn’t provide for any interesting choices or play.

I think some better compromises include:
Making a handful of ships immune to local.
A module (with significant drawbacks) that can render a ship immune to local
Killing local in nullsec, but giving players intel gathering structures (which is something I’ve heard the devs mention).

Anyway, it’s going to be a tight line to walk. I think krabbing is to safe right now, but if you increase risk too much, the sheep will move away, dock up, or just quit.

1 Like

Maintenance and bandwidth issues, not bad and a reflection on the real world.

Having various null sec regions sprodically be hit by a local blackout (due to “lore” reasons) sounds like a fun compromise to me.

Blackout is better because it is the same for everyone. It is not a level playing field when one party can see the other in local but not vice versa.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.