Legion?

Hi everyone,
I’ve been looking at Legion fittings and as a noob in PVP AND PVE content (I’ve been doing market trading and Solo exploration on abandoned pirate sites for a long time) I had a lot of questions regarding it.

1: What kind of sites an almost maxed out Legion could run?
Abyssal T5? WH C3? C4??

2: Why it seems that all HAM/Drone fittings are better in terms of dps and ehp than Energy Turrets fittings? (it might not be the case but from what I’ve seen it looks like it) Whats the main difference about them?

3: Why I see 90% of Energy Turret fittings using Beam and not Pulse?

4: Finally. If I plan to play solo PVE activities (WHs mainly), Is it worth training for a Legion or I should be training for another ship?

edit: 5: From what I see, Tengu looks like an all around better ship… What are the benefits and roles of a Legion compared to a Tengu?

Yea so I’m not a complete Legion expert but I’ll take a stab

1. Legion can solo C3. Maybe some C4 but they would take so long it probably wouldn’t be worth it.
  2. HAM generally has benefits of damage type selection. Energy turrets suffer from not choosing damage types.
  3. For PVE at least, I’d say range. For PVP again energy turrets will suffer against anything that doesn’t match their damage type.
  4. One benefit of an energy weapons based legion is ammo. You can go a lot further without restocking or filling up your cargo. Missiles are bulky.
  5. Overall the Tengu is a better overall ship, especially for PVE. One main thing is it’s generally easier to fit a big shield tank than armor.
1 Like

1: C3 sites sure, T3C cant run abyss
2: not always the case, pulse laser legion can get great dps
3: pulse lasers have low range compared to beams
4: legion is a solid ship but generally better for PvP then PvE
5: Tengu is a good ship for PvE and generally better then the legion for it. Legion again has several uses in PvP.

3 Likes

Well, if thats the case, I should be better turning into a solo hunter than looking for PVE content if I plan to fly a Legion, right?

Correct.

1 Like

If pve is what your looking for, go with the Zealot.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Zealot

With all lvl 5 skills, and now a drone bay! I find this thing can easily take lvl 4 missions for specific races. For the rest, I used a Ishtar.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Ishtar

Things may have changed since I last did pve though.

You can run WH sites (C3 or lower) in a legion without issue, here’s a fit I was using:

Legion WHs

[Legion, WH PvE]

True Sansha Heat Sink
True Sansha Heat Sink
Corelum C-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Corelum C-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Damage Control II
Corelum C-Type Medium Armor Repairer

Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Federation Navy 10MN Afterburner
Tracking Computer II

Heavy Pulse Laser II, Conflagration M
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Energy Collision Accelerator I

Legion Offensive - Liquid Crystal Magnifiers
Legion Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Legion Propulsion - Wake Limiter
Legion Core - Augmented Antimatter Reactor

Mobile Depot x1
Mobile Tractor Unit x1
Legion Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier x1

Start out with the interdiction nullifier fit, when you find a system/site you want to run, drop mobile depot and refit and off you go. As mentioned previously lower size of ammo makes it great for ‘long haul’ wh diving.

I can’t advise starting out in PvP with a solo legion, it is a great way to die in a Legion, and lose skill points along with the ship.

Also if you haven’t already, take a look at the Loki, these days it will do anything a Tengu will do, some say better.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

Loki?! :frowning: You make my RP hurt.

:slight_smile: Well I’m still waiting for the good folk of Sanshas Nation to come out with a spikey T3, then it is all I would recommend, til then though, HAMs work on the Legion, Tengu and Loki, so it’d be poor form to not mention them all when discussing possibilities.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

Trig T3C please.

I dont know whin it will come but this will come before pirate dessies.

Are they not OP enough already? The Ikitursa is a monster

T3 Trigs will be another balancing nightmare imho.

Legion is the only ship, that can travel cloaky and nulified and carry almost 4k m3 . Thats the only good thing about the ship. Tengu is better in PvE, Loki - in PVP. Try to create non-multibilion fit for PvP Legion, that can web over 30 km, give almost 900 DPS out and tank 1700 DPS at the same time. Cap stable without any cap boosters.

2 Likes

Challenge accepted.

2 Likes

I’d like to see the Loki fit that can do this?

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

I heart my icky.

2 Likes

More blinged version of this one

:astonished:

Lol, right… cause see when you said

I actually thought you meant a fit that does not cost multiple billions… guess not hey (even when discounting the 60ish mil of loot in the cargo)… but not counting the genolution implants you need to get it all to fit :expressionless:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.