Lets talk about ratting and all the things it does baby, lets talk about rats

A badge like system would be a lot better way to do it, but it should be something recorded in journal, not something carried or transferable.

Then its no different than bounties.

Also, they have not been adding bounties to new PVE content for a while, the ISK rewards usually come in the form of a NPC commodity that is sold to a buy order.
Abyssal space has the Red loot, Sleeper cache sites have blue loot, Ghost Sites have covert research tools.

If something were to change with traditional NPC from combat sites and belt rats, it would be bounty tags that need to be redeemed not an entirely new system’.

The problem with this is that EvE is a sandbox and claim space is supposed to have the possibility to be made self-sufficient, including internal markets. If redeem facilities are seeded all around null so ratters dont have to fly much - they are no different from bounties, but if they are in NPC stations or even LS/HS concord systems/stations - then there is a problem.

This is not the case though, which is why we don’t get ice spawns in wormholes.

Why is it a problem if you have to redeem tags in a concord station?

Wormholes are not claim space.

Because it creates dependency that, imo, ruins self-sufficiency. You cannot call them “nullsec player empires” if for every their ISk need they had to run to LS or HS.

A drake can easily do level4’s but it cannot do them quickly.

Which is why a timer is a good idea.

Non-bounty loot/reward is also a good idea.

1 Like

Actually its very different.With a badge system you can set it up so the turn in rate has taxes on it that leads to the void known as the goblin vault where isk remains stockpiled but never touched.

This tax rate can be adjusted to act as an artificial sink in the game massively controlling isk rates, which is a massive combating tool against afk / botting styles of game play. This could have the impact of potentially removing 2-3 trillion isk from the economy out right, which is massive, massive impact.

Loot drops are antiquated / outdated. They also encourage botting, and we have a loot all feature in eve (known as tractor bot) which sucks it all up for you. This adds a huge amount of isk and items to the economy, of which partially invalidates buildings / production styles of game play.

by shifting this out we put more value into transport and manufacturing which is a great way to validate the content with out actually having to change it (or very little at that). That being said i am a fan of removing skills that “increase manufacturing and research limits” The limits should be built in a way that you can do as many as you want, but taxes increase accordingly to the amount of projects you have. Skills should be then used to reduce these amounts, Or you could take another route and just increase tax rates on production and make skills reduce them.

Btw, we have this already with rares/etc which im sure you are aware of. Removing the bounties from npc’s is a good move for the game (and it makes the consistency between it and pvp much better) though i am against “item drops” (for the record i have the same opinion about all games btw, i find them to be outdated like leveling).

…your stuff, you have way too much and you don’t have time to manage it all, you should give up and give it to me. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.