Level 3 missions

I’d improve scan res on that phoon fit. Since there are mainly small and med size fast moving targets you better track and lock them faster otherwise you have to manage distance when they all come close to you and here your drones got lots of work.

1 Like

Or use you drones to deal with smaller stuff, but use them wisely.

1 Like

I’m assuming the phoon fit is for lv4s where a sensor booster is nice to have but not needed, especially since the phoon has pretty high scan res for a BS. For a lv3 phoon I’d suggest a very different fit that would have 1 or 2 sensor boosters, with RHMLs and hyperspatial rigs. For lv3s you can fit so much gank on a BS that tank becomes almost irrelevant, and with the hypers you get up to cruiser warp speed.

4 Likes

what that means is that your optimal ammo range is 6*7000 = 42 km. under that range you don’t waste ammos

That’s the problem I’m having with the Drake. Caldary navy missiles are expensive as hell. Is there a good beam weapon ship for lvl3?

1 Like

confessor
maller
harbinger

The point he was making there wasn’t about the range, it was about the time. At a 42km range, a missile takes 15 seconds to fly to the target. If the rof is 6 seconds, the target could be die and you’d waste 3 volleys of ammo, not to mention the 15seconds of no damage dealt on the front end, and not realize it until too late. As opposed to turrets that hit instantly, so no wasted ammo, no wasted flight time.

1 Like

I know that already. Now please read my post.

1 Like

I’d take the harb, plenty of drone space for lights to take care of anything that gets under the guns and plenty of beam damage to kill everything else nice and quickly.

need some decent understanding of turret mechanics when I was a newb I jumped into a harb with awful skills and had a not so good time got swarmed by npcs and couldn’t hit most of them. If you can just pull some range and blap them as they fly at you should have a lot of success.

I could only add that you would also enjoy that unique sound produced by lazors and see those beams of death lights hitting target with further explosion. Ear/Eye gasm. :heart_eyes::drooling_face:

2 Likes

Speaking of Caldari and beam lazors. If the Caldari and Amarr would work together and madea ship with the best of two worlds, what would that be?

Imagine a shield boat with lazors and I give you, the Orga- oops Phantasm <3

It will be very hard not to fall in love.

2 Likes

They did, its called the sacrilege and the one missle frigate.
It was made by the khanid,
They were an Amarr Caladri joint effort

(Sorry for any mispelling, I am dyslexic)

you dont have to apologise for being dyslexic

3 Likes

This is going to sound horrible but I run L3s in a Belicose. I dont see a need to get a bigger more expensive ship.

But I am also the guy who runs 3/10DEDs in a Probe.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.