Level 4 Gallente Mission Megathron or Hyperion

I’m really looking to make the Megathron or Hyperion work for Level 4 Missions. I know it’s not the best but could you share you fits. If only it was easy to get into blaster range :frowning:

Vector

Blasters are not usually optimal for Level 4 missions on battleships except on certain hulls like the Kronos. Here is a cheap rail Hyperion.

[Hyperion, Level 4]
Large Armor Repairer II
Armor Thermal Hardener II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

100MN Afterburner II
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script
Cap Recharger II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

425mm Railgun II, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge L
[empty high slot]

Large Anti-Explosive Pump II
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II

Warden II x5
Hornet II x5
Warrior II x5

This fit does 900+ DPS at 47+ km with good skills and tanks 500+ DPS against any enemy faction when using the correct hardeners. The fit is fairly cheap, under 250 million; if you downgrade the rigs, you probably can get it under 200 million.

The fit requires good fitting skills as it is tight on CPU. If your skills aren’t high enough, you can upgrade some of the stuff like DMG mods, or the armor hardeners to faction to save on CPU. You can also downgrade some stuff to save on CPU.

2 Likes

Thankyou. I will give this a try.

Just keep in mind that 425’s have lousy tracking but good for sniping, if small NPC gets about 40 km from you, you will have trouble hitting it, MJD for sure, targeting rig for longer locks, iron charge for range, lead for mid (80-65 km and antimatter for 50 km and under has worked well for me.

Is the Rokh better than Hyperion?

no hyperion would be better

1 Like

MJD isn’t necessary. The rails shouldn’t have any problems tracking battleships and should track battlecruisers pretty well unless they get really close. If you have problems tracking cruisers, switch to Javelin ammo, change the range scripts on the tracking computers to tracking speed and use the afterburner to keep the cruisers at 20+ KM range; you shouldn’t have any problems tracking the cruisers. For small ships, just use light drones, they will kill frigs and destroyers just fine.

I put your got into eve and it gives me 4mins of cap? Is this right?

Oh for sure, but I just like having it as an insurance policy, it has saved me a couple of times when things didn’t work out as planned, but yeah totally optional.

I always used an ab or mwd so travel to accel gates, an mtu or wreck that had something I needed didnt take two hours.

About 4 minutes seems right, I’m getting 4:33 with all 5 and no implants. However that is with everything running which wont often be the case in practice. You wont really need to use the AB much except when traveling to gates and most of the time the rep wont need to running constantly; you can just pulse it as needed. In practice 4+ mins of cap is plenty for regular level 4s.

Here is a lightly blinged fit with about an extra minute of cap and easier CPU costs. It also gains nearly 100 DPS more tank.

Hyperion Light Bling

[Hyperion, Level 4]
Core B-Type Large Armor Repairer
Republic Fleet Armor Thermal Hardener
Republic Fleet Armor Kinetic Hardener
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane

Gist X-Type 100MN Afterburner
Imperial Navy Cap Recharger
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

[empty high slot]

Large Anti-Explosive Pump II
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II

Warden II x5
Hornet II x5
Warrior II x5

It’s been awhile since I bought and rigged a new battleship so I forgot how crazy expensive some Tech II large rigs are, feel free to downgrade the rigs to fit your budget.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.