Megathron?

Okey level with me here can I use a mega or navy mega for level 4 missions yes I know people say it sucks but I like the design but could I fit it so it could at least hold the tank ? I rely don´t care if it is optimal or bad with isk/per hour what I care is I like it and wonder can it be fitted with a decent tank ? Or would I be better of with a Vindicator ?

Im askin becuse im bad with fittings not learned the ins and outs just yet so im asking for help if I could use a mega,neavy mega how should I fit it so it don´t die first missions.

2 Likes

I would take the vindicator. Costs a little bit more, but hey … it’s a vindicator. Has an extra mid slot so you can always juggle between the tank type. After a year or two of running missions, you can buy yourself several vindicators (one per mission type). That way, you will have tons of beautiful hulls which will also be specialized for specific mission :thinking:.

2 Likes

Vindicator bro! It’s worth the extra isk. Great for blitzing but not too great for full clearing. You can fit it with rails… or you can fit it with blasters like a madlad and do 2 million dps.

1 Like

vindi style.

Can you? Certainly. Any battleship can be fit for regular L4’s.
Would that be “optimal”? Remains to be seen.

I prefer Nestor.

I mean, I think that it’s more than obvious that more people will tell you to buy the Vindicator … But, I just wanted to ask you if you have found some fittings on the web which you would like to fly?

The Pirate faction and tech 2 (Maurader) ship hulls are generally better than tech 1 hulls in most respects. The downside used to be a significant increase in cost. That price differential has decreased over time.

You can make the Megathron work if you want to fly it. There are better alternatives, but aesthetic preferences do matter, Fly what you enjoy.

3 Likes

That´s the problem I rely would like to fly the Mega because even if it may not be sub optimal I like the design and if I shall do allot of level 4 missions I rather fly I ship I like the look for instead of maybe the better potato Dominix. But I for the life of me can not find a level 4 fit for the Mega or for Vindicator for that matter and when I ask in game every one is the same Mega sucks fly domenix or Raven or such but as of now I got only Gallente skills. Sure it´s only a 7-8 days to skill in to lets say a raven and t1 one cruise missiles but im currently improving my weapon and tank skills so I rely don´t want to switch to a new faction.

In terms of fittings,

General advice i give for any PVE ship hull tank:

1 Damage Control
2 general resistance mods
1 rig for your worst resistance

After that, you attach a passive or active tank.
for an active armor tank , that could be:
2 x Large Capacitor control Rigs
1 Large Armor repairer.

Because the Megatrone is not the “ideal” ship, you may need to warp out (ie run away) a few times. But as long as you focus on killing warp scrambling frigs, you should be fine.

3 Likes

Thanks allot I will keep that in mind. :slight_smile:

hull tank is bad in PVE.

You want armor tank, and then RAH is way better than DC.

1 Like

I’ve used this one with no problems, it prefers a bit of range but not a sniper, set for k/t in fit. Liked it, just found in the end preferred energy/cruise/drone for missions and epics. It needs the sig amp if don’t want to give up one of the 4 mids to a booster – just too much jamming in some missions.

good hunting.

[Megathron, lvl4]

Centus C-Type Large Armor Repairer
Reactive Armor Hardener
Centum C-Type Energized Kinetic Membrane
Centum C-Type Energized Thermal Membrane
Signal Amplifier II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

100MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Large Micro Jump Drive
Large Cap Battery II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

350mm Railgun II, Antimatter Charge L
Salvager I

Large Anti-Explosive Pump II
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II

Hammerhead II x5
Hobgoblin II x5

Antimatter Charge L x2500
Iron Charge L x1000
Lead Charge L x1500
Mobile Tractor Unit x1

2 Likes

Thanks allot man I will fit it when im done building it. I only need to mine a bit more pyrite and buy a little of the 2 null sec ore but it will feel special flying a ship you like but also built.

1 Like

“PVE ship hull tank”

language is creating a problem here.

when i used the world “hull” i was referring to the ship itself, not the defensive stat on it.

I.e. Megathron is a ship hull.

and yes, “hull” tanking is usually bad (the exception being freightors).

Hull tanking uses DC’s, but not all DC’s are hull tanking. If you did not know, DC resistances aren’t stacking penalized, and hull resists are a BONUS in case something gone wrong. Not a means of surviving the mission in the slightest.

Most of the good fitting advice I’ve heard for newer pve mission runners include the damage control regardless of whether you are focused on shields or armor.

People shouldn’t remove that module until they get familiar with missions and are comfortable with the loss of that emergency hull “stat” ehp. It’s one of those things you shouldn’t ever need, but if you do it makes a big difference (kinda like getting flood insurance for your house) .

Side note. After thinking about my earlier post I realized this is a game where I might hear the phrase .

“You tanked your ship hull hull tank”

part of me is now thankful this is a game about spaceships and not 20th century warfare.

1 Like

Well this is a thread I’d like to tag Baltec1 in to see what he had to say about it…but…*sigh…

…or…one could simply set up a fit for any different purposes in the ingame fitting tool, save it, and easily “fit to ship” whenever one wishes…

This is/was my alpha fit Vindi

[Vindicator, Vindi - L4 SEBO]
8 x 425mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge L

Federation Navy 100MN Afterburner
Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script
F-90 Compact Sensor Booster, Scan Resolution Script
Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script
Large Cap Battery II

Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Armor Thermal Hardener II
Core X-Type Large Armor Repairer
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Shadow Serpentis Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane

Large Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Hobgoblin I x5
Vespa I x5
Hornet I x5

You can swap the Sebo or a web. I used the target range script in the sebo for the few missions that you can snipe. This fit was pre surgical strike so the gardeners might need to be upgraded.

first, they are stacking penalized. The only other module that provides a stacking penalized effect is the RAH.
Second, hull bonus is useless when you go solo armor tank in PVE. Your armor has more EHP, more rep(lol). That’s why RAH is just plainly better, or EANM, or plating.

then you want to train into Kronos.

Plus the police skin. Warp in, show your badge, and ask for license and registration, or flaunt your blasters to those NPCs.

It can tank the damage, yes, but it basically a melee fighter. and with bastion, its a short range sentry.

Might better to use the role bonus and use MJD plus railguns. sniping from hundreds KMs. frigates and dessies are insta kill since they got zero tranversal while closing to you.

1 Like