LvL 4 Vindicator Help

Does anyone have a good Vindicator For for LvL 4 missionn?

Rail/shield Vindicator (sacrilege!) But really, you’ll be further ahead training into a Kronos Marauder and running either blasters or rails.

I’m about 70days from a Kronos so was gonna use this till then. In guessing a Megathron or Hyperion would be better?
I also have sentries and heavies available but wanted to get away from drone boats

A Megathron might be a better short-term investment, yes. The Vindicator excels in PvP but not so much at PvE unless you run rails - but with 8 guns it’s expensive to operate. With the Kronos you can run a 2-slot armor tank/blaster setup that hits out to 70km with basically T2 modules.

Is that in PVE? If so what’s that fit?

Pretty sure the blasters Dont hit out to 70k mate, far into falloff perhaps

“Hits out to 70km” seem to mean it will “hit” out to 70km, not that it has a 70km optimal range.

Shield Vindi makes me cry inside :sadparrot:

1 Like

Kronos with a single TC2 kills regular frigs at 70km with about two volleys. With 2 TC2 at 80 and 90 km. The bit of damage of your regular DPS that’s left at these ranges is enough. Although this is actually super useful, it is not very practical for all other kinds of targets.

+1 to above

Vindi is good with rails although mine was not cap stable. Used to shield tank it also and, as stupid as it looked it also usually worked (less tank, more damage)

[Event Horizon]
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Core B-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
Core B-Type Armor Thermal Hardener
Core B-Type Large Armor Repairer

Tracking Computer II
Tracking Computer II
Large Micro Jump Drive/Microwarpdrive
Large Cap Battery II
Large Cap Battery II

425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Light/medium/ECM drones

As for the Kronos blaster fit , it’s true, 70-90 km is not a problem. With 2TC’s it can snipe frigs (Null ammo), it can also track frigs at down to 15km (Void) but that’s obviously harder than sniping.

1 Like

You don’t use a Vindi in lvl 4’s though you can use them in nullsec ratting with very good ticks

How much does that thing rep per cycle? I’m on the fence as to whether that fit is a joke or not (at work, no pyfa etc).

That looks very blingy to be fair. I’m unsure if I’d take the risk at the moment.
Love the Idea tho

“Gank me!”

for general missions a rail vindy should work just fine, it’s maybe not the best ship but will easily beat the t1 gallente ships for dps.

And for a few specfic missions a blaster vindy is probably awesome, like pirate invasion where you can just MJD onto the mission complete group that spawns in after a few mins, and apply your blaster DPS. That said it might still lose to the mach on account of warp speed.

this is the fit I came up with some years ago, not 100% sure it is current. The fitting was always very tight with a rail fit.

[Vindicator, PVE - Rails]
Shadow Serpentis Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Shadow Serpentis Large Armor Repairer

Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script
Optical Compact Tracking Computer, Optimal Range Script
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800
Shadow Serpentis 100MN Afterburner
Shadow Serpentis Sensor Booster, Scan Resolution Script

425mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge L

Large Hybrid Burst Aerator II
Large Ionic Field Projector I
[empty rig slot]

Hobgoblin II x5
Warden II x4

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.