Level one missions even worth it?

I have only been playing 3 weeks or so now. But I played before earlier, about a year ago. Completed the career agents then and also Sister of Eve Epic Arc, but wanted to try over. So now I have done the career agents (all of them) and am at the mission Burning the hive at the Sister of Eve Epic Arc. Lost my Moa there because the drones got me trapped and I didn’t have any weapons for close range so I was slowly being destroyed without being able to do anything about it. I couldn’t hit them anymore. When I began that mission I tried flying towards them and then away again (kiting) but I got too close and they caught me. So that’s how I got destroyed.

Then I lost the Merlin at level one missions. It was called Worlds Collide. This time I was suddenly taking a lot more damage then I thought and wanted to warp out but I bumped into structures a few times wich prevented me from warping out and that way I got destroyed there as well. And I wanted to take my Merlin and get back up to 13 mill-ish and buy a Moa again. So I wanted to earn my Moa back but then lost my Merlin and had to gain that one back together with the fit and everything. So it kept going down for me for a while wich is the reason why I eventually posted about the level one missions.

But the fit was pretty expensive. So that’s probably why I barely got it earned back before I was destroyed in my expensive Merlin. Still don’t know what made me get that much damage suddenly but it was too late.

I completed the tutorial and the career agent missions (all of them). And so I was busy with the Sister of Eve Epic Arc, then wanted to recover my losses and lost even more and then ended up posting here. But I guess it’s probably the fit that made it expensive. But replacing a Merlin for 200k I didn’t expect that.

Edit:
I’ve got the Merlin fit by the way and it’s the first one in the link here (from Boldly Gone):

It wasn’t exactly that in the end, I made some small changes but I bought nearly everything of it and it was relatively (compared to 200k for the ship) expensive… IMO.

Edit 2: However I did calculate the Merlin as something that could happen more often. While the fit was pretty strong and I did have some bad luck in it as well. So if I was to lose a Merlin every 18 missions or something (it was) together with losing the fit it would be quite expensive. I got the storyline mission and it said I would receive 27k with a time bonus of 20k as well. Wich is far too low if I continue these kind of fits.

3 Likes