Lf a golem build

Tracking computers switched into tracking scripts? it is fantastic tracking for large guns.

Blasters actually have the best tracking in the game, but even with a pair of tracking computers scripted for tracking speed - large blasters still canā€™t hit orbiting frigates. To hit those you need at least two stasis webs.

Otherwise tracking is fine so you might as well just extend the range so you can do more damage (I currently hit out to around 68km when in Bastion).

Just have a flight of light drones (with spares) to take out any drones and pesky frigates.

1 Like

This is how Mine was fit. was an oldschool torp golem that I refit for cruise when they got buffed. Having the missile speed rigs is nice as it lets you avoid counting volleys inside of ~100km or so. Never did the math on MGCs vs TPs, so maybe you get better application with an extra TP, maybe not. Probably worth dropping one MGC for a prop mod for any mission with travel time. with the marauder bonus Iā€™d suggest an MJD for most things. can MJD bastion up, and MJD back to the gate. With max skills and implants your missiles go ~18km/s so like I said you donā€™t really have to worry about volley counting much even with the MJD.

[Golem, cruise hbt]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Precision Script
Republic Fleet Target Painter

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Fury Cruise Missile
Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II
Salvager II
Bastion Module I

Large Hydraulic Bay Thrusters II
Large Hydraulic Bay Thrusters II

Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet II x5
Acolyte II x5

No prop modā€¦ (shudders!)

1 Like

like I said can easily swap a MGC for a prop mod. many missions donā€™t need one anyways, and some that Iā€™d use one on other ships, the golem has enough range it doesnā€™t really matter, or in the case of loot a 48km tractor beam.

If torpedos had twice the velocity (and less flight time to compensate) theyā€™d be a riot to use. But I like your fit overall.

Interesting suggestions here. Iā€™m actually thinking of fitting a MWD and MJD. So many times I wished Iā€™d fitted one or the other or both.

Iā€™ve just got myself into a Golem just these last couple of days and this is how I decided to go.
Few changes since creation:

1. I didnā€™t really find myself using the MJD at all, so I put on a MWD.
  2. I have added some salvage drones to the bay.

Stats for me: (1022.6 dps, 87K ehp, 8 min cap)
[Golem, Golem L4]

Pithum A-Type Medium Shield Booster
Large Micro Jump Drive
Missile Guidance Computer II

Cruise Missile Launcher II
Bastion Module I
Drone Link Augmentor II
Salvager I
Salvager I

Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Large Warhead Flare Catalyst II

Hobgoblin II x5

Missile Precision Script x1
Scourge Fury Cruise Missile

Use in Caldari space, nonspecific resists so I can use the boat for anything and not have to change all the time.

Iā€™m considering swapping out a BCU for a Missile Guidance Enhancer. I canā€™t believe a 4th BCU would be preferable to the 1st MGE. Will need to do some testing.

Rigor, rigor, rigor. A pair of T2 rigors still yields more than a T2 rigor/flare combo (even with stacking penalties from 1-2 MGCs). A 4th Faction BCS is also overkill; itā€™s not worth the extra 100m and the damage difference over a T2 BCS is negligible.

Personally I like 3x Faction BCS and a T2 hydraulic rig.

Hello all,

Iā€™ve also been in the process of fitting a Golem for level 4 missions.

After reading many posts (including this one), Iā€™ve come up with the following build:

High Slots:

Bastion Module I
Tractor Beam II
Salvager II
Salvager II

Medium Slots:

Pithum A-Type Medium Shield Booster
Pithum A-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Republic Fleet 500MN Microwarpdrive

Low Slots:

Rigs:

Drones:

Hobgoblin II (10)
Salvage Drone I (5)

Cargo Hold:

ā€œPackratā€ Mobile Tractor Unit
ā€œWetuā€ Mobile Depot
Large Micro Jump Drive
Fury Cruise Missiles

As of yet, I havenā€™t installed missile hard-wiring, however, my intention is to install +5s.

Cruise missiles seemed to be the best option for damage/application, hence why I chose them over torpedoes. The Bastion module is self-explanatory. I intend to drop the MTU and use the tractor beam to help, hence why I went with one tractor beam and two salvagers.

I feel that the two tanking mods will be sufficient along with the Bastion module, however, do you guys think the tank will be sufficient for level 4s? Itā€™s slightly less than when I was using two Caldari Navy Adaptive Invulnerability Fields.

I decided to go for an MWD as the primary propulsion mod, along with the MJD in the cargo hold when the need arises to use it, hence the reason for the mobile depot. Two target painters along with two MGCs with precision scripts seems the best combo, however, I havenā€™t done the math to confirm this.

Although perhaps a waste, I went for four Caldari Navy BCSs as I already had them.

As for the rigs, from what Iā€™ve read, a rigor and flare is worse than two rigors, so Iā€™ve fitted two rigors for maximum application, however, Id be interested to know if anyone thinks a different combo of rigs would be better.

Drones and ammunition are self-explanatory, so Iā€™m happy with those.

Hopefully the fitting and explanation may help you guys fit your Golemā€™s, however, Id be interested in any feedback, especially from @Arthur_Aihaken since he seems to be the Golem master :smile:

You may want at least 1 kinetic II for gurista missions. Marauders have a fat sig radius (really fat in bastion). you will take more damage as you give up all hopes of doing sig radius damage games with gurista missiles. They will hit and hit hard.

tank will hold but idea is to not need to shield boost as much. but thatā€™s me, if a multiroom mission I like to hit next room with as much cap as I can. LAst minute boosts to rep more damage and MJD can mean waiting for some cap to come back.

For the kronos stuff above, I grew partial to FN webs and snuck 1 on my fits. The added stats makes it worth it. To resolve close up frigs trying to get under guns web em, sick drones on them.

Now for the golems with paintā€¦you do almost the same thing. Put some paint on the frigs and drone kill em much faster. Why I like paint over MGC, paint helps more than you. Solo helps drones you carry, group stuff helps fleetmates.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.