Limited Liability For CSM21

I am Limited Liability, 17 Year EVE enjoyer, 2nd time CSM hopeful.

Just like last year I will say, I am a bit of an unorthodox candidate,

BUT I think I have something different to offer the Council over just another guy talking about small iterations and community feedback.

I run one of the largest trading alliances in the game (The Organisation of Skill Extracting Corporations) and I am also an economist by IRL background.

I am a (somewhat) competent PVPer and fly with Barcode on my PVP alt - but just like last year a candidate like Itaer is a better advocate for small gang balance and ideas.

I am also still a wormholer (BTW), but I cry if someone doesn’t scan the chain for me.

Between these I think I am competent enough to have a meaningful opinion on any changes the CSM may be asked for input on. But this is not why I am running…

So what do I actually want to achieve if elected?

:film_strip: Promotion

I want to use this platform to advocate for reaching potential new players in a way that gives them a realistic idea of what this game is about.

Obviously the current meta of EVE content creation has had some… complications… this year, but even then I would argue that most of the current partner program is appealing to people who already play the game anyway.

I think there is a massive opportunity for player made content to appeal to prospective new players as well by simply telling people what is possible in this sandbox.

The current way that EVE is sold to potential new players is through impressive visual trailers, (and don’t get me wrong, they look awesome) HOWEVER I don’t believe they give the modern dopamine-addicted gamer a real understanding of what the game can (and cannot) offer. So maybe we shouldn’t be surprised when they don’t stick around long enough to see how good it really can be.

But I think there is a better way.

I have produced several videos that have reached millions of viewers who weren’t already players of the game including this one just last month with a fellow candidate @Itaer -

I have also helped produce videos for several other creators in producing similar content -

Collectively just the videos that I have had direct involvement in have received over 20 million views and brought thousands of players into the game (as we can tell from referrals).

What’s more is that they are coming in with a realistic idea of what the game is actually about so they won’t leave when they reach their second hour and haven’t seen the kind of content depicted in the current slate of promotional trailers.

So what has this got to do with CSM? – I would love to work directly with CCP to make sure more of these videos get made either in house or through independent creators. The current EVE partnership program is a great foundation, however EVE is a hard game, and there are still major hurdles that outside creators have to overcome if they want to make this kind of stuff.

I think we should really be encouraging this kind of broadly appealing content, because the more these things reach a wider audience, the greater our chances at finding the next generation of EVE players. I am uniquely suited to nurture this framework for Fenris, because of my long history of content creation combined with many years playing this game.

I enjoyed my conversations with Limited Liability last year, just as I am thoroughly entertained by the videos he produces!

While the cinematics put out by Fenris are as good as ever, I feel like we still reference some of the writing of the old ones way more. “I was there” and “this is EVE”, etc. I put it on my platform this year that I don’t really want more ad campaigns that say “EVE - now without PVP”, even if they are advertising a safer place for new players to get started playing.

I think Limited Liability could be a great pick to help make the eve content and eve ads that we need to attract more players, and as such I’d love for him to be on the CSM.

1 Like

Hi! I hope we get the chance to interview you on one of our group CSM shows on Untethered at some stage! If you’d like to take the opportunity, please contact whispous on discord.