Lingerie in the NES store

I’m not someone who really does personal attacks. If you check my posting record I think you’ll see that.

In terms of that particular comment, it wasn’t actually aimed at any individual named person, and nor was it intended to be, but as a more general comment on the item being discussed in the context of a reference to the general composition of the discussion group demographic.

I do and I’m very respectful of this. I even know some female pilots personally.

To be clear, the original post was in response to someone asking for, amongst other things, “Gallente translucent plastic underwear” and a “Translucent Plastic Corset with Lift & Separate Cups”. My gut feeling tells me that it is somewhat unlikely that this is the kind of customisation that most female players are clamouring for.

I could be wrong however and maybe if I am we’ll see female pilots commenting here, en masse.

In terms of condemning me as someone who’s jealous and not getting any (and by ‘any’ here I’m assuming that you are referencing sex) isn’t that a tiny bit judgemental? You know, the thing you started your post by complaining about? You know nothing about me or my lifestyle. How are you actually even reaching this as a conclusion?

Words like ‘mote’, ‘plank’, ‘remove’ and ‘eye’ are in my head at this point for some reason.

I can’t imagine why.

I certainly don’t see innuendo everywhere. Again if you don’t believe me, feel free to check my posting history.

And as far as “condemn them viciously.” goes I think the final post (see below) to @Valerie_Valate pretty much shows that whilst we had a sparky conversation in places, viciousness, wasn’t really a factor.

:mouse:

1 Like

@Ridley_Rohan It was pretty clear that @Mu_ad_Diib was being facetious and employing metahumor (“joking about joking”), not making personal attacks, being sexist, discriminatory, nor suggesting that female characters or players do not merit more representation.

fa·ce·tious /fəˈsēSHəs/
adjective - treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.

Self-referential humor, also known as self-reflexive humor or meta humor, is a type of comedic expression that—either directed toward some other subject, or openly directed toward itself—intentionally alludes to the very person who is expressing the humor in a comedic fashion, or to some specific aspect of that same comedic expression.

If my recollection of his posts are correct (so many forum regulars to keep track of!), he is one of the nicer and more respectful regulars on the forums, and remarks such as those above aren’t indicative of “showing true colors” but rather a sense of humor that he can pretend to be a bad boy for comedic effect.

I don’t want you to feel like I’m lashing out at you, but I feel like you are misinterpreting his remarks and are overreacting in response.

1 Like

Its amazing how hard it is to just say “Yeah, I could have posted with a lot more tact.” But its almost like selling your soul.

denial has entered the chat.

Not just any translucent plastic corset with lift & separate cups, but Estamel Tharchon’s translucent plastic corset with lift & separate cups.
Estamel Tharchon is of course famous for a lot of things, including being a Guristas senior officer, her modified ship equipment, and her chequered past, which included teenage rebellion.

(in one of my humorous guides to the NPC factions of EVE, I mentioned Estamel’s glamour modelling career)

besides all of that, I was assuming that in the overwhelmingly vast majority of cases, it would not be possible to tell what colour or style of things that anyone other than your own character was wearing.

Only you would know. And as Torfi said ten years ago, that is Important.

2 Likes

Regardless of @Mu_ad_Diib’s intent, your responses haven’t been any ‘better’ than the behavior you have accused him of - especially as you are now giving the appearance of having come into this thread strictly to post against him rather than actually discuss the topic at hand. I suggest backing off and thinking about what you are trying to achieve here. If your goal is to represent the interest or view point of strong women gamers, you are doing us a disservice by white knighting on an internet discussion about immature clothing suggestions. If your goal is to confront behavior you feel is not within forum rules - consider using the report function instead. If you have a genuine question about a poster’s intent or want clarification, I encourage a less combative approach.

With regard to said topic: I don’t see us getting any translucent plastic underwear, due to the PEGI rating, but underwear choices in general would be nice. And hats with displayed hair. And a variable color palette (why, oh why, do we have to buy each different color of something, instead of a one-time ‘slot’ upgrade for each apparel type to unlock re-color options?). Over all, the NES could use a lot kore base variety in features if they want to actually drive avatar customization as a revenue source (and historically it is an amazing revenue source for games that properly invest in such).

2 Likes

Maybe I should hope for someone else to some rewrite the history and inform you I was being facetious, even after posting myself and making no such claim.

Thanks. You are making my point for me. The suggestion was not remotely immature. This may be a fantasy world we are talking about, but the cultural superiority aspect of your adjective choice still stinks.

I don’t know where the OP got the lore, but its totally valid if you ask me. Of course I live in Japan and I see hyped up foreigners directing their culturally superiority at Japanese (and others’) sexual culture all the time. It seems one of the hardest points to get across to them is that they need to get off their high horse because there is no culture on Earth that cannot be shamed in some way with regards to such things. And yeah, the Japanese do it to foreigners as well. I find this whole dance very old.

This too I find to be somewhat of a joke. We are just murdering people in space, but its okay as there is no nudity. I often wonder if people can even hear themselves.

I did not make your point for you. A player is permitted their own perception of what is or is not mature - Mu’ad Diob views the clothing articles as immature and that was his basis for argument, and your counter-claim in defense of women’s rights to chose fashion does not remove his right to that opinion. White knighting over his perception these items are immature is a poor form of support for women’s rights or cultural expression.

CCP doesn’t set the PEGI rules - nor does the fan base. It is set of regulations they are forced to accommodate in order to do business with a vast portion of their player base. That rating system doesn’t not permit nude models in contexts where they could be sexualized, which includes models with clothing of a sufficiently see-through aspect as to expose genitalia. The EVE Online forums are not the appropriate platform to champion a change in this, as CCP has no control over it. All suggestions to the CSM and Devs need to be based in the current functional reality of CCP business operations, which require compliance with the PEGI rating system.

In short: while you may have a point regarding the cultural diversity of the player base and the inappropriateness to apply one culture’s social mores over another culture’s, CCP is held to a specific set of standards outside of their control and suggestions for content that violates those standards, regardless of their acceptance within any given culture, is not going to go anywhere.

1 Like

I never said they weren’t. The impiication is what it says about you if you do. Hoist yourself on your own petard. I really don’t care.

Okay. I am out. I never said anything about women’s rights. You have just wondered into LALA land kid. Have a great day.

When you make a statement of ‘I’m sure women would like to have these options that you are deeming immature’ (yes, I paraphrased) you are inherently making a claim for women to have the right to express themselves with the clothing someone is calling immature. It’s part and parcel to your argument, regardless of whether or not you explicitly state it. ‘Just because you don’t like what your culture says about women who wear those clothes doesn’t mean the women should not be allowed to wear those clothes’ is the fundamental argument behind ongoing campaigns around women’s right of expression throughout the ‘Western’ world.

2 Likes

In the previous version of character designs, and in concept art, Gallente wore garments that were glossy, and translucent. I extrapolated based on that.

The old Quafe Girl costumes for example, were a lot more risque than current attire.

Example image, from a picture of the “Art of EVE” book of concept art:

I remember the image on the left being a wallpaper or something many years ago, and the Gallente lady is wearing a top that is translucent.

Translucent and transparent are two different but similar things ofc.

here’s a pic of what gallente characters could look like prior to 2010:

3 Likes

She was referring to Ridley, not you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry @Mkikaden_Tiragen. It’s been a long week!

1 Like

To be fair I don’t actually think that a discussion on clothing is immature per se, although I think I probably would if it’s being driven by a male agenda that primarily focuses on titillating undergarments.

In another forum thread, it was observed that:

• The name of the new Triglavian region, Povchen, is the (slang) word for ‘vagina’ in multiple Slavik laguages
  • Povchen region is shaped like a vagina (as opposed to, say, the Tri-Force from Zelda)
  • Abyssal filament icons look like vaginas

Male agenda, indeed, good sir. How do the daughterless programmers at CCP intend to maintain EVE’s PEGI-12 rating now? Aurora must have been on leave the day they voted on the name for the region.

1 Like

All good. :slight_smile:

I am quickly being reminded of Nipplegate, where after over an hour of watching grown men violently bash into eachother and knock eachother to the ground over an oblong ball, young boys got to see one of Janet Jackson’s baby feeders due to a mistake during the half-time show.

Karens across the nation lost it completely. How dare this tramp interupt little Johnny’s dose of ultraviolence with something that might spark abhorrent thoughts of love and affection?

This is why I have lost all hope for humanity. Once upon a time my country might have been the best candidate for world leader, but that time has long passed. Without looking I am going to guess that game ratings come from my psychological crap hole country.

Yeah but that face is just scary…

first one I could find with the translucent outfit.