Lingerie in the NES store

I’ve not read the entire post but Im not wearing underwear right now if that helps in some way.

1 Like

Ignoring the “underwear or not” and general clothing I’m more annoyed by the forced “high heels” posture for female characters - even work shoes have huge wedges to compensate for that assumption of crippled walking. And the general bodyshape. OK, so lets not just pander to the target audience, lets be bigger and more than “just another Barbie for the boys”.

And the tailoring.
I’m a Capsuleer. I’m wealthy beyond the imagination of normal baseliners. I can afford a vaguely competent tailor. My first reaction to the Women’s Jita 4-4 Executive Jacket was “that’s an awful fit, pulls and creases all over the place” - for heavens sake, it costs more than a spaceship, I’d at least like it to fit!!!

4 Likes

You actually think that 14 year olds came up with this sort of stuff?
I have news for you, they didn’t.

Oooohhhhhhh yes yes yes! :blush:

1 Like

If you adjust the saturation on that image, you can see Chuckie the Clown on the left side wielding a chef’s knife.

3 Likes

Neat! I really like the first and last one!
The middle one looks kind’a weird! :smiley:

I would love to see this and a lot more. The clothing in Eve is very much too clean in all cases. I would like it to have a wear and tear feature like ships do, and like ships have a “clean” button.
People who work for a living get dirty, not everyone looks, or wants to look fancy.
Another thing I would like, and I suspect won’t happen, is for a far more detailed character creation tool which I suppose would need some sort of age verification system. I’m not talking about making anything lewd here, just full editing capability. This would require a massive overhaul of the current system, and while it needs one, I don’t see what I’m after actually happening.
More and better clothing however would be great, having beat up, old comfortable clothing would be splendid however, and is very much possible without changing how things work.
Having clothing get grubby and worn looking like ships do over time would be even better.
I just realized that with the ship thing I’m talking about a lot of people might not know what I’m referring to, so for the best example, if you have an Astero or a Stratios (these are two that I have that are a great and very visible example of what I’m talking about here), fly around for a while, you will see (with high graphics settings) it accumulates grime and dust and looks fantastic. Once that’s happened look for the “clean ship” button in the simulator, it works and once used your ship will look like new. Clothing should be the same.
I find it kind of hard to see low and nullsec pirates looking like the queen of highsec, and I find the same with miners looking like they just popped out of a beauty salon.
The funny part of this idea though is that apparently we all hop in and out of our pods fully dressed, this, considering pods are full of goo, seems kind of silly.
The last thing I suppose I should mention is the price of clothing being higher than very large expensive while is inane. There is no way the stuff I’m wearing should cost vastly more than the ship I’m flying, the idea is flat out absurd in my opinion, but I guess that’s a player based economy for you… Or is it? Do we produce clothing in industry? I’ve never looked into that, it literally just occurred to me as I typed this…

As long as we can put them on a corpse.

Clothing is only produced by CCP in exchange for PLEX via the Nee Eden Store (NES) - though some items are given away for free during various events. Clothing is thus limited in availability, but is also purely cosmetic and has no gameplay impacts.

Yep, I’m aware it’s cosmetic, and more or less how it comes about, but there’s still the default stuff and it’s surprisingly limited.
I guess the main thing is the balance between having enough, and ending up having to download even more than we do now, though some of it would look pretty good with a change of textures to make it look used and well worn.
So far, in the entire time I’ve played Eve none of the clothing that’s come from events is something I would use (just personal taste on my part). I have a fairly large collection of it at this point and I’m thinking of giving it to some random new person.
One of the limits I find amusing is the need to become bald in order to wear a hat, actually I find it hilarious, but it’s something that could be fixed easily.
The thing is that some of this stuff breaks the immersive quality of Eve and while clothing shouldn’t be a big deal considering the number of default looking alts, it reduces the overall quality of the experience.
I suppose paying two billion isk for clothing that makes you look like you do stuff other than attend dinners and court functions would make my suggestion sort of pointless, but if belt rats dropped mining clothes, and pirate factions dropped practical fighting clothes of some sort and the prices weren’t insane things would seem a little more realistic.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.