Linux launcher and Fedora 31

Launcher install fine, I log in and try to start Eve and I get this stack trce in the logging program:

STACKTRACE #1 logged at 02/26/2020 21:24:18 : Exception in stack-trace-all, shutdown bombing

Common path prefix = c:/buildagent/work/d2d8a22a74178531/eve/release/release

Traced at:

/carbon/common/lib/autoexec.py(121) 
/packages/monolithsentry/__init__.py(5) 
/packages/sentry_sdk/__init__.py(25) 
/packages/sentry_sdk/hub.py(10) 
/packages/sentry_sdk/client.py(15) 
/packages/sentry_sdk/transport.py(5) 
/carbon/common/lib/urllib3/__init__.py(16) 
/carbon/common/lib/urllib3/connectionpool.py(13) 
/eve/common/modules/nice/client/_nastyspace/http.py(2) 
/carbon/common/script/net/http.py(4) 
/eve/common/modules/nice/client/_nastyspace/macho.py(2) 
/carbon/common/script/net/machoNet.py(32) 
/eve/common/modules/nice/client/_nastyspace/gpcs.py(5) 
/carbon/common/script/net/ExceptionWrapperGPCS.py(11) 
/eve/common/modules/nice/client/_nastyspace/util.py(208) 
/eve/client/script/environment/spaceObject/ExplosionManager.py(4) 
/packages/trinity/__init__.py(33) 
/packages/trinity/_singletons.py(14) 
/packages/trinity/_trinity.py(100) _ImportDll
/packages/trinity/_trinity.py(53) _RobustImport
/packages/trinity/_utils.py(9) Quit
/packages/logmodule/__init__.py(620) Quit
reason = 'Failed to import _trinity_stub_deploy ("ImportError(\'No module named _trinity_stub_deploy\',)")'

Thread Locals: session was None
Stackhash: -1340598430
Reported from: logmodule
STACKTRACE END

I just wrote a long and rather helpful post … then deleted it. We don’t need thread #9000 talking about basic setup for every single slight distribution idiosyncrasy.

Read the forums. Follow Gharim’s work for the native linux version or load it through steam and force 5-03 proton.

Not very helpful. Searching forums get me old posts. Steam is trying to run the game on another windows computer in the house.

Steam runs, but I can’t get it to tuse the Nvidia gpu via primusrun/optition. EIther by mosidyingthe commond or by running steam entirely on the nvidia.

Actually, worse than ‘not very helpful’ since this thread now shows up on Google as an answer to how to get things running under Fedora…

If I knew who Gharim was I might be able to look up their work on the native linux version. Even just linking to a relevant thread to begin the search would’ve been helpful…

Nevertheless, off to find Gharim I go.

I’m here. :slight_smile: Last year i have tried to run EVE with linux launcher on Fedora 31 please have a look at this post: Starting game in launcher in this forum. But beware, if you have a newer qt-runtime installed, it maybe fail to work. My guess about this are here described: EVE Installing

– fly safe

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.