Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: Make display settings for accounts persistent
Keywords: ui, multiple account, display settings
Note: Resetting display resolution/adapter and ui scale each log-in is tedious!

Current model: Launcher opens Client(s) with display settings from most-recent active Client on the video adapter currently used by the Launcher

Proposed: Launcher opens each Client on the specified video adapter.at stored resolution & UI scale.

I’m running multiple Omega accounts on a quad monitor setup (1x4K, 3x1080p). The Launcher seems to use settings from the last client logged off for display resolution/UI scale and opens new Clients on the monitor the Launcher is currently active on. It would make my life much easier if the Launcher would open Clients at the Client’s last monitor with Client’s last resolution and UI Scale. Moving and resizing 3 (or 4) clients every log on is tedious to say the least.

Thanks for all your awesome work!

3 Likes

Suggestion : probe scanner window ui changes

Keywords : ui, probe scanner window

Note : easy overview of combat site/anom difficulty

it would be nice if there was some more info about the combat anoms in the probe scanner menu, either a number system showing difficulty or maybe advice on minimum ship req for the site

1 Like

Pending that, you can drag and drop bookmarks to an item hangar and contract/trade them like a regular item.

1 Like

Argylle,

I had a similar problem, because some UI settings are account level, and some are character level.

I had to get around this by creating multiple (3 for me) profiles within the launcher… perhaps a NW, NE, SW, SE… that way each account can start (and save at the end) different UI settings. Also, the profile can store the “adapter/monitor”, size and/or fixedWindow/fullscreen settings… so each account always pops up in the same place.

I am still having the problem when I open Acct 2 with NW-profile to access a 2nd “toon”, that sometimes there are a few windows out of place which I think is because some settings are at acct level. :frowning:

I hope this helps as a workaround,

Knic o7

1 Like

Suggestion: Let us copy to clipboard selected items while using the ‘Icons’ view in the Inventory
Keywords: UI
Notes: The three different views (Icons, Details, List) sort things differently so swopping from one to another and having to reselect everything to copy a list of things for eg. Evepraisal is confusing as hell. Let us copy what we have selected directly from the default ‘Icons’ view.

2 Likes

Hey.
Have you tried EVE-o-preview ?

1 Like

It would also be great if this also aplied to your pods name.

1 Like

Add the ME/PE of a BPO or BPC into the hover-over tool tip.

5 Likes

Suggestion: Ability to see which specific services “Industry” provides at a station
Keywords: ui, industry
Note: It’s lame to have to go to every station to see which ones offer research versus production

Sometimes I need to make stuff. Sometimes I need to research. Sometimes I need to copy. In systems you know well, this is no big deal because you know which service is provided at which station. But in an unfamiliar system, there’s no way (that I can find) to tell which station offers which service. All I can tell is if it offers “Industry” or not. Could you somehow put which specific services are available in the info dialog for each station, so I can look around before making a trip? Or, even better, have a map filter that shows which stations offer which services? Thanks! (apologies if there is a way to do this I don’t know about).

2 Likes

Suggestion: Auto-stack/repackage/tidy up inventory
Keywords: ui, inventory
Note: Can we please have some tools to keep our inventories tidier?

OK, this has bugged me since I started playing in 2004. (So I’m a procrastinator!). First, I don’t know why the “repackage” system was ever put in place to begin with since it’s essentially useless (except perhaps with ships), but in any case it’s embedded far too deeply in the game to get rid of. BUT we can still make inventory managment easier.

I think if I added up all the time in my life I’ve spent clicking “Select all; repackage; stack all” it would probably add up to hours. So i’d like to suggest some/all of the following QoL improvements:

1. UI option to “Always stack” - this would make it so that if you drop an item or items into an inventory panel, if there are already items of the same type there, they would stack automatically. If you need to split a stack, just use the current Shift-click and the game would suppress the auto-stack function that one time.

2. UI option to “Auto-repackage”. Same thing as above but with repackaging. This should include when items are dropped into inventory by the game (such as when stripping a fit) as well as when done manually by the player.

3. If not both of the above, then maybe a new “Tidy up” item in right-click menu for inventories. When selected, the game automatcally selects everything, repackages it, stacks it, and sorts it. Not as elegant as the other option but at least an improvement.

I think these are pretty minor and fairly easily implemented (since they just us existing functions) and would really help a routine thing that, while very brief, has to be done very often.

Thanks!

4 Likes

I agree this should be implemented. There is a way to find out but it’s fairly tedious. The Services tab on the Show Info of each structure does list out the specific industry types of services available there.

1 Like

It may do this for POSes, but not for NPC stations.

1 Like

Ah, right. You can also use the Industry Window, Facilities tab to see specific options :slight_smile:

1 Like

Suggestion: Show info about volume and value in “Personal assets” dialog
Keywords: ui, inventory, organization

In “normal” inventory windows (station.ship inventories), the UI shows both the total volume/value of everything in the window as well as everything currently selected. It does not do this in the “personal assets” dialog. That would be very helpful. Bonus points: Show this in the flyover info whenever anything at all is selected.

I should add that because of this flaw, it’s kind of impossible to make contracts remotely, at least with any kind of sensible idea of value or collateral. Say I have a bunch of stuff (like, a whole lot of stuff, not just one or two things) and I want it shipped. If I were at that station, I could quickly get an estimated value. But since I have to use the “Personal assets” dialog to look at the inventory, and since that does not show value, in order to get a value for my cargo I would have to either fly all the way there.

1 Like

Yes, but you have to be at the station to do it. :wink:

1 Like

Not at all. You can check regional stations.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you can shift-drag up to 10 bookmarks at a time to inv locations, can then share etc

1 Like

Suggestion: Ability to save current route for reuse and sharing
Keywords: route, navigation, bookmarks, share, qol
Note: would save the tedium of re-plotting frequently used routes. I know this has been requested many times before. I’ve not seen a reason why it’s a bad idea. I like to run a circuit - which circles back home - through a handful (20 or so) of the same very specific systems. Being able to load the saved route each time would be fantastic!

5 Likes

Suggestion: Merge “Inventory” and “personal assets” panels
Keywords: UI, inventory, organization

Note: So, some time relatively recently, the inventory panel was redesigned to be a lot more efficient - for that one screen you can sue the left hand tabs to move things between containers, ship cargoholds, station and corp hangars, etc. In fact teh panel has way more power than the panels for the “Personal assets”, which only let you list things and do not even give estimated values. Why not just make your “personal inventory” in each place into a tab to the left, just like everything else? Obviously, you couldn’t drag and drop things between different stations, but it would make it whole lot easier to view remote inventories. For example, when looking at your inventory at other locations you could use the sort and filter functions (which are supremely helpful)

For a gold star: when someone attempts to drag and drop things between inventories in remote stations, pop up a dialog that says “Do you want to make a courier contract with these items?”

1 Like

Suggestion: Show total value of selected items in contract creation dialog
Keywords: UI, contracts

Note: I’m sorry to be posting so many small suggestions in a row, but I’ve been playing for a very long time and have noticed a lot of things, and I want them to be separate rather than one big post. I think this is the last one.

This one is simple: please show the total (estimated) value of the selected items in the selection dialog of the contract creation screen. This is super infuriating - when creating a contract, it’s critical to have an estimate value so you can put the proper escrow for the contract. But this is one of the places where the value can’t be calculated. Sure, if it’s only one or two things you can look them up in the market, but if it['s fifty items that takes quite a while. So this request is very clear and straightforward: please display the total estimated value of select items at the bommon of the dialog. It already has a total tonnage, why not value? This already happens on the general inventory window… Thanks.

1 Like