Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: Orbit plane to intersect current position
Keywords: orbit, ship command, pve
Note: To give somewhat greater control without overshadowing manual piloting

When choosing the option to Orbit at Current, could the system chose an orbit plane that includes my current ship position or at least within a few 1km of current? This way I could manually pilot to a position I feel would give me the best plane and then hit orbit. It’s not unreasonable that there would be some wobble.

4 Likes

The ore variants contain different proportions of materials and the high-end ores are one of the benefits of lower security space.

Wrong. People dont go to lower security space to mine rich variants of ores, they go to lower security space to mine ores that are not found in highsec. Your argument is bad.

2 Likes

^^^^

If you goto null to mine rich plagioclase you are a dumbass.

2 Likes

I like this idea. It can work this way: ore will have same name, medium and big rocks will remain (seen at overview or in space as the rock will be little different). But instead of mining different type of ore, each cycle will mine more of the “basic” ore. Ie. if you mine small rock of plagioclase you get 100ore/cycle and if you mine big rock you get 130/cycle (or idk whats the actual bonus).

2 Likes

Suggestion: T2 “Specialty” Probes
Keywords: Exploration, Salvage, Scanning
Note: Several types, but have specialized bonuses to scanning certain things. Could also finally allow scanning of wrecks :smiley:

2 Likes

A while back we added a little target icon after the type name and I think that should solve your issue :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Isn’t that the same as the “buy this type” option?

3 Likes

There’s a little ‘x’ after the name to remove the item from the sell window

3 Likes

Interesting idea, but are you aware that the Industry window has a ‘buy missing items’ in the right click menu of the link between input and the circle?

3 Likes

You can already do that… there is description tab when you save the fit.
(please note that when you share a fit with a link, the description is not included)

4 Likes

Suggestion: Change/fix the way charges are getting sortet by type
Keywords: Inventory
Note: I don´t know if it already came up here, but when you sort your inventory after type, it would be nice if it would group the ammunition correctly. This guy here had made a good screenshot of what I mean:

3 Likes

Suggestion: Provide prompt visual feedback to Ship Cleaning
Keywords: ux, skin, texture
Note: Improved user experience for ship cleaning

When you click on the (somewhat difficult to discover) “Clean ship” button in the Fitting window / SKINs tab, it would be nice if the ship was cleaned immediately, rather than waiting until the next session change.

3 Likes

I probably should have been placing my ideas here instead of as actual F&I posts… sorry!

Suggestion: Combined insurance list
Keywords: User Interface
Notes: Permit in-game window panel to permit viewing the insurance status of all owned ships. Not only those present in the specific station you are in. (Refer to post: QOL: Combined Insurance List idea)

Suggestion: Clone Sale idea
Keywords: Game Mechanics
Notes: Permit the ability to sell clones using the contract system. (Refer to post: QOL: Clone Sale idea)

Suggestion: Add arrows to Probe Scan / Directional Scan windows
Keywords: User Interface
Notes: Incorporate left/right arrows for the “Probe Scan window - Probe Size bar” and the “Directional Scan window - Range and Angle bars” to permit sliding of the above bar scales. (Refer to post: Add arrows to Probe Scan / Directional Scan windows)

1 Like

Suggestion: Add item name info tooltip to Wallet Journal market transactions
Keywords: ui, market
Notes: “Market escrow release” is happening more often due to Citadel market turmoil. Please tell me what Item was cancelled, so I can replace the order. Promote market activity. Active traders with 100’s of orders may not be able to remember what item buy orders expired or were cancelled.

5 Likes

Suggestion: Display percent damaged in tooltips and detailed listings
Keywords: ui, ux, damage
Notes: Display for crystals and modules

Currently, the only way to see percent damage for laser or mining crystals or requires loading them into an active fitting. There’s a little more info available for heat-damaged modules, but not much. Although the values are visible in contracts, that’s not helpful when you’re trying to use them. Would be a nice QoL improvement to show percent damage in the hover-over toolip and in the detail list (similar to contracts). An added bonus would be to display it in “show info” as well.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Allow more flexibility moving modules and rigs in the fitting window
Keywords: ui, ux, fitting
Notes: Allow all modules and rigs to be moved from one slot to another

Currently, if you try to move a Damage Control module from one low slot to another in the fitting window, you will get an error. Similarly, if you try to move a gun from one slot to another when you have already filled all available turrets, you will also get an error. Moving an installed rig from one slot to another isn’t allowed. It would be a nice QoL improvement if you could freely move all modules and rigs from one slot to another. In addition, moving one module on top of an existing module should simply swap the two, and trying to “move” a module to the slot it’s already in shouldn’t produce an error.

5 Likes

Suggestion: Show structure type in search results
Keywords: ui, search, structures
Note: For example when searching a system name, there is the list of structures you have access to in the search results. Show the type of each structure next to the name/location.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Show current sp count / total sp in the skill queue tooltips
Keywords: ui, skills, tooltips, queue
Notes: Currently if you hover mouse over a skill in the queue only a tooltip with a description will appear. But if you’ll find that skill into categories and hover your mouse over it - it’ll show a description AND current sp count / total sp.

4 Likes

Please, oh please, oh please can you fix the Capital ship BPOs requirements tab. Either make them sort alphabetically or make them match the sort order in which they appear in our item hangars.

What would be perfection is if you could add a sort by feature, i.e. item name, quantity, etc.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Show skills as omega that are that will stay enabled if clone state drops to alpha.
Keywords: UI, Clone States, Alpha
Notes: Im letting some of my omega accounts subscriptions expire and outside of side by side comparisons of my skill sheet in game and the arms race skill list I have no way of know what skills and ranks I will keep. Even if it was a alpha icon on every applicable skill (Like how the omega only skills have the gold omega icon) on mouse over of the alpha icon would change the color of the omega only skill ranks.

3 Likes