Lituria now gone

I earned my bitterness over Caldari invasions…

How so?

3 Likes

Yeah really. The hellcamps in Hagilur and Resbroko are so welcoming for new players. HTFU

1 Like

The hellcamps will go away after the event is over and people get bored. What’s the issue.

1 Like

None. I’m agreeing with you. Accessibility for new and old players alike is irrelevant. Learn how to go around

3 Likes

Are the Kybernauts evacuating from the systems CCP listed in the Zenith post? Or are they going to trust CCP not to **** them over too?

Systems are not spawned manually. CCP are not mustache twirling villains going “Nyeh, now how shall we screw over CalMil today?”
The pool of possible systems for Tranquility consists of systems that are important on Tranquility, like pipes and stuff, and the invaded systems are randomly selected from this pool on a schedule.

I’m really ■■■■■■■ tired of hearing “This is a CCP plot to ■■■■ me! Reeeeee!”

3 Likes

CCPlease!

2 Likes
1 Like

Maybe CalMil should learn to turn up!

1 Like

Sure. Implementing new FW mechanics before set date was completely unbiased choice, along with nerfing caldari npcs without informing anyone when older mechanics were in place.

Likewise, releasing invasion content with unbalanced NPCs and doing essentially f…k all tweaks despite threads detailing issues having gone on for months.

On top of this, only two high sec systems with FW agents have NOT been hit (I am sure we get there) and then proportionally most liminal systems have been hit in space with abovementioned crappy NPCs.

With this track record is hard to not arrive at conclusion that deliberate screwing has been planned and implemented.

My only hope is that when all is said and done, people still pack to Caldari space to pve and to Jita for markets. Nothing would satisfy me more than this kind of middle finger to CCP by players.

2 Likes

One of us… one of us…

As it currently stands, no. I believe the evacuation order came from Edencom to Edencom aligned forces and civilians in those systems, as neither Edencom nor Concord can protect then now, in addition to the fates of these systems left unclear. As the order did come from Edencom, most Kybernauts will disregard it.

N. Kondur
Kybernaut Clade

1 Like

I have no comment on FW mechanics.

Dev time available did not allow for the speedy rebalancing of NPCs and has indeed greatly restricted how much effort can be put into fixing the current stage of Invasions. They needed to release it to show the higher ups the worth of the systems they developed.

Unlucky mate, RNG said ■■■■ you. The second statement is patently false though, by large margin the majority of Liminal invasions have been in Amarr space, where the Amarr NPCs totally decimated the Trigs often leading to EDENCOM victories in under 12 hours with no player intervention. Related, the issue with Caldari NPCs is due to the nature of the NPCs in this event, they all fly really fast which screws up missile application. The universal speed nerf helped, the Caldari NPCs can be observed winning engagements with sufficient frequency that it is not surprising to see.

It would be a middle finger not to CCP but to basic logical thought, Caldari was already super overcrowded with no reason to live there besides “muh Jita”, now you have to be pro-Trig to get around unhindred as well.

1 Like

amarr fw is AWESOME this week
the dirty minmatar are making a push back and there is LOTS of action
the invasion systems just serve to ■■■■ our fun
my solidarity to our caldari waifu loving brothers o7

1 Like

Let me consult lists and my own memory.

In terms of Minor Victories:

• Usi
  • Reisen
  • Rairomon
  • Nourvukaiken

In terms of Fortresses:

• Hentogaira
  • Samanuni

That’s it.

That said, I am fully aware that the Trigs and Kybernauts have a ridiculous advantage in Caldari systems. That is not a dead horse which needs further beating. It is a problem that only CCP could have fixed and even if they fix it now, the damage is already done. What irks me is that the parts of the Caldari playerbase which I would have expected to stand up and be counted, were mostly absent.

That is not a desirable option for most non-kybernauts.

And that is the crux of the issue. Such hatred is supposed to be used as fuel for resistance and reprisal, not defeatism.

Then they can learn to google EVE Gate Checker like a normal person. Hell I go through lowsec on a near daily basis. I roll my eyes every time someone says “Golly 58 jumps to that invasion system”. I wish they’d learn to travel. At the same time I also understand that most people aren’t willing to invest the 30 minutes it’d take to familiarize themselves with how to locate camps, especially hictor ones, and go around. Instead they just tick that “prefer safer” button and wing it with i-stabs to reduce the align time. People just be like that.

I hope they won’t. Losing a ship in EVE is a learning experience. I get ■■■■■■■ offended when I doze off during jumps and suddenly realize “Wait I just went through rancer and no one tried to kill me”. It’s almost as bad as when you run into a pro gamer gatecamp and they web you into warp.

No no, get it right, this is an Amarrian plot :wink:

Pretty much. Like, just to be clear, my main is Minmatar. I just defend Caldari systems on my alt because I genuinely feel sorry for those people.

Or have basic competence in fitting and flight path selection. And I say that as someone who occasionally tries to drive a thing through a camp just to see if they have enough warp scramble strength.

Thanks for reminding me what I’m missing out on :sob:

2 Likes

I hope you put you be the change you wish to see in the world.

Sarcasm is lost in text, but that’s what I meant to point across. One game mechanic being bad for new players, heck there are loads of bad mechanics new players will have to learn how to deal with. Eve’s not an easy game and folks will have to learn to adapt! (or quit) It takes a special player to be an Eve player

1 Like

I mean, yes, but at the same time I’d prefer it if they’d stay around long enough for one of us to teach them.

2 Likes

I did, once I got home from work. Planning on getting back in the fight Saturday night.