Local Comms Blackout - Discussion Thread - Part Deux!

You don’t understand me for this point : when your skill is on to lvl up after skill like 3/4 days, you have to pay ISK to reach this lvl up.
I don’t want to pay ISK for gain skills points, that’s the role of skill injector

And yes, the null sec could be boring. But, don’t have a local is for WH space no ? I think that it must stay in WH…

Well then either i understand you wrong or you were not able to make it clear enough. Its both fine for me.

To the second, well thats opinions, i’m really happy with the local change. You are most likely not. Thats ok.

1 Like

Back in the day, nullsec was much less accessible for carebears than it has been in the last few years. More for cultural reasons than anything else, but CCP has also altered the game mechanics to encourage alliances to more actively farm their sovereign space too.

People who did low risk carebearing or “krabbing” or whatever you want to call it, as a primary playstyle, they just did it in other places. For the most part. Most notably in highsec. The game survived, even thrived, and nobody was “prevented from playing”.

I can sympathize with the frustration when CCP nerfs your playstyle in some way that makes it no longer seem viable. I used to be a ninja salvager, then spend most of my EVE career as a solo or small corporation wardeccer. These playstyles are effectively nonexistant today. It sucks, but I found other stuff to do. EVE is good like that - lots of gameplay options.

These changes don’t prevent anyone from playing. They just make you find a different way to play. If you don’t want to adapt, I understand that too. No need to play a game that you don’t like - safe journey wherever you go from here.

Face it though, EVE is a constantly changing game. Any particular playstyle is eventually going to disappear. Its your choice whether you want to adapt or not. Probably all long term players have had to make that same choice from time to time.

26 Likes

But still, its not about the inflation. Null was just safer then highsec before. Suggest something alternative which increases the risk to a similiar point, and also removes all the botters. And i’m maybe on your side.

2 Likes

But there is no more local in null-sec paralyzes people who would just like to play for example.
Certainly, it adds some spice to PvP, but for those who just want to play from time to time, farm quietly without taking a blap of 10 dreadnoughts on the mouth

1 Like

adapt,
you are annoyed by the single loki which kills your vnis. Group up, rat together, bring a scram or two and kill him next time.
if its the smallgang which roams now your space, group up, rat together, bring a scram, maybe some ecm, and kill or hold them long enough until cavalry arrives
etc…

there is lots of options, even without caps, mainly it affects those who don’t socialize, bots and multiboxer. and all of them can go to highsec and live there in peace if you ask me.

9 Likes

oh god, i’m happy with the blackout, but please keep the thread closed :joy:

6 Likes

@CCP_Falcon

The fact that we even reached that point should show you that the blackout is the worst idea to ever come out of CCP. Bring local back!!!

15 Likes

I will yell when eve is fluffy and safe for you to come out of your little hidey hole, don’t worry no one will hurt you.

1 Like

hi. the blackout is good.

thanks

9 Likes

Most contested, definitely.

Worst? That remains to be seen.

2 Likes

kekekeke :smiley:

1 Like

When nullbear recruits ask “Who is Falcon?”…

q2zdvoyv0e231

11 Likes

@CCP Forum Wizards - can you data-mine the locked thread and share your snapshot of unique-poster sentiment?

• unique posters #
  • first-time posters #
  • % in favor
  • % opposed
  • % undetermined
4 Likes

It has already been seen.
But what I would be interested in seeing is the Plex purchase stats since the blackout

2 Likes

We also want number of bot accounts that quit, plus can you cross check those to see how many were lying? :rofl:

5 Likes

The next two MERs will be super interesting.

6 Likes

The blackout is a fantastic thing, we should have let the thread die at 10000 like botter’s dreams in null.

9 Likes

Congrats to @DunDaDun, winner of round 1!

Also other key statics like

• times the word “ganktard” was used
  • number of posts flagbombed
  • number of posters that outright admitted to botting
7 Likes