Local Comms Blackout - Discussion Thread - Part Deux!

False positives are the biggest problem

• Try running Adobe bridge and then boot up Far Cry (actually don’t - they are slow to respond to appeals )

you realise that frigates (especially assault frigates) are hard to track and hold at the same time in an arty cynabal right?
or am i giving your lack of pvp experience too much focus here?

so explain to me why you think the imperium should penalize itself? in fact i’d say its better they continue to rort this broken system that i’ll now refer to as safemode and do so to the maximum exploitation possible to continue to prove it has no place in the game.

you may be able to respond to your safemode alert most of the time my not-very-well-endowed friend but there’ll come a reckoning, of this i have no doubt. these warp speed change to cruisers is going to make your krabbing just a little bit riskier too btw, even with safemode on. :slight_smile: enjoy.

1 Like

The issue is not whether the Goons and co should penalize themselves. The issue is not really blackout or not blackout, but the lack of counter measures and right now the lack of communication and explanation from CCP and to an extent from CSM. If the numbnuts at CCP had first released an intel structure or some type of counter measure, I bet you this whole drama would not have taken place, or at least not to this extent. And we would not have lost countless of players…

But right now, the issue is not BO, but CCP lacking balls and not providing explanation, let alone excuses for this whole debacle. And please dont give the data crap, because whatever data CCP gathered, including behavior data, that data is worthless thanks to their SP crap…

Obviously not too hard, you managed it. Oh wait no you didn’t, you were killing T1 frigates. You going to tell me all those noob Procurers were hard for you and your 5 friends to kill too?

And yes i’m sorry, my highsec hauling alt doesn’t have a great KB but at least it isn’t full of ganks and called PVP.

Funny you know, all in all i have nothing against Goons as an organisation but to take offence at some of the self entitled scrubs in their ranks.

Right there, any credibility you may have been trying to gain - Went out the window never to be seen again - Congrats.,.

Isn’t it funny, you can’t respond in context but do make an absolute fool of your own posting with such - It’s ok for us (goons) to abuse mechanics but not for anyone else.
NB; Refer to YOUR post i responded to - The one that had this poor affect on you.

Funny that you think you are at all relevant to my game play - If I’d listened to every scrub like you over the years I’d have quit Eve a long time ago.

Remember this, many here have seen the another side of the CFC - They RAN - Nothing lasts forever.,.

1 Like

This thread still going?

Dont think it will be over anytime soon. Especially with CCP keeping silence radio…

Blackout surely has a place in the future of Eve, whether its incursion type blackout of local or just site/structure wide blackout
Personally feel like it could introduce a new dynamic to the game and has a lot of potential, or is nullsec literally just there for farmbots and structure bashes?

2 Likes

I dont agree with your characterization at all. Null sec is so much more than the farmbots and the structure bashes. And if you check this whole thread and the original thread, I believe we are a number of pilots who are saying that a blackout with counter measures vs the bo would potentially be ok. The issue this BO created is that CCP released it but didnt release any counter measures.

And right now the issue is no longer the BO since the BO was removed, but the lack of honesty and lack of communication from CCP. They screwed up big time and they are refusing to recognize that in a public fashion which in many ways means they have not learned their lesson. And not only that, but they are not communicating at all and letting CSM and TiS (to an extent, thanks to TiS a$$ kissing interviews) defend their poor decisions

Wasn’t that the whole point?

Come on get a grip guys it was just 60 or so days of the lights being out. I get that there has been a cascade of bad decisions on CCP’s part, however, on it’s own BO is actually a good concept and it is extreme adapt or die.

Come on lets just accept the fact management did a 2 month experiment where we were the subjects, they are within their right to do this anytime they please.

While I respect your opinion, I don’t pay money to be an

While I pay to play.

Yes, as I respect your opinion.

To play a game is to accept the rules of the said game which would involve accepting any environmental changes. Due to Eve being a dark, brutal and unforgiving game the concept of a mysterious and powerful entity knocking out communications is actually a strong story line. I feel they could have expanded on the story line and perhaps Triglavian weapons could have had a slightly better affect on the aggressors.

Or perhaps a new type of shield/Armour tech could have been presented which help us stop their regular attacks.

I do like the innovation I am seeing in games these days, I read that Fortnite was attacked by a meteor strike which destroyed the map and ended the season. MMO games creators are still cool and I still enjoy Eve.

So go Alpha,
“Calm down, whiner”

We don’t know what the point was because CCP (looking at you @CCP_Falcon, @CCP_Hellmar and the rest of the numbnuts at CCP HQ) are not communicating and not providing any type of honest answers, nor honest numbers for that matter (all their numbers are cooked thanks to the SP crap they pulled)

It was not just 60 days. it was 60 days that basically took us 5-7 years back in 60 days. 60 days that basically screwed everything without reason and 60 days that saw us lose so many pilots and so many entities that it will take years and CCP staying the hell out of null sec to even remotely get back on track. Dont get me wrong, I dont have issues with changes and experiments (there are enough posts about all the changes that are needed), but those changes and experiments do have to make sense.

I will say that I am waiting for EVE Vegas to hear what CCP will say regarding the BO and the future of the game, because I do think they need to make their mea culpa, and they do need to have us again buy into what they are selling

BOO HOO HOO I CANT STOP CRY BOOHOO HOO BOO :sob:

2 Likes

what? You mean they lost alts, bots and semi-afk players they needed to loose to save the economy of eve. After 60 days they’d had enough of a reset things and bring local back (they never said it was forever). And now I sincerely hope they are working on other draconian ways to cut the massive, economy wrecking, semi-afk, super building stockpiling that’s led to huge NS stagnation.

1 Like

I think if you look at all the replies on this thread and the original thread, you will see many agree that null sec does need changes (including the super issues), but those are changes that are needed. The BO was not and it was probably the dumbest thing CCP has ever come up with (for some the 2nd dumbest since the Rorquals or Supers)

Been doing that from time to time. My objection was to your hyperbolic language such as claim that it set the game back 6-7 years, was without reason, and will take years to get back. CCP had good reasons for trying BO as a simple fix to a monumental problem effecting the whole game–one many of us sincerely hope returns in some form because it was a heck of a lot of fun for corps that quickly adapted to the change.

Actually it turned out to be “adapt by not logging in” for a majority and sadly a lot of those still haven’t returned - CCP did a bad thing, they made a very poor decision.
No amount of if’s but’s or anything else can hide that or make it look better.

For the first week or so there was a lot of confusion and some increase in PVP (quite a few PVE’rs died to small gangs), then it just became a choice of ship spin or don’t log in. Toward the end of BO even the pvp’rs were complaining, “there is no (easy) targets”.
The only ones who really saw any benefit to BO were the largest groups who were able to adapt quickly simply to the size of their groups and how well Sov and what comes with it protects them.

BO in any form is pointless without an overhaul of Sov and Structure mechanics.

It is never a good idea to give one style of game play all the advantages in a game like Eve that relies on ALL styles of game play for its very survival.
Which is exactly what BO did.

1 Like

Not necessarily. I know several people that resubbed because of the blackout and once it went away were thinking of unsubbing again. Just because you are too skurred to log in due to no local doesn’t mean other people didn’t want to log in more because of it.

1 Like

Funny that these several didn’t have any impact on the daily or monthly login count, which continued to drop the whole time BO was in place - and still hasn’t recovered.

1 Like