Local Comms Blackout - Discussion Thread

I think people should be limited to 5 active accounts 15 toons is sufficient in my opinion. But that could be argued about. I am not complaining about learning skills either if you train and become a better player through that it is fine.

What I object to heavily is multiple accounts afk mining/ratting/skill point farms/booshingblop gangs/industry, the list continues, pretty much every type of isk farming stuff. This ultimately makes a new player alpha or omega incapable of competing on a level playing field with game design.

why is it your business how may accounts one person has. And who cares if one person has 80 to 100 accounts. good on him.her if they can keep track of it.and how is unfair to new players??!!! that makes absolutely no sense.

dude, they are Characters…not toons. Toons is bugs bunny and wow crap.

1 Like

If you cannot see how thats unfair I think your deluded.

1 Like

But its no different to SPs in that regard. A player can buy as many SPs as I have, likewise they can buy as many ships and accounts as they can afford.

Why is one ok and the other not?

And why should a new player immeadiately compete on any real level with an established player anyway?

no you state it is unfair, but you can not or will not explain why, jst because you say it is does not make it so. And deflecting to avoid answering the question clearly shows you have no valid reason.

You cannot complete unless you go exactly the same way. Multiple excessive accounts.

Can we discuss this without talking about new players or is that the basis of your objection?

how have i not just listed examples of why its unfair. Lets say your a solo ratter/pvper and u get hot dropped by another solo player with multiple accounts runing. Yes there is a degree of skill to micromanage all the accounts but your screwed.

The CSM video of the booshing guy sealing excavators, another example. All the skill point farms…

Come on if you cant see that as unfair. CCP made multiboxing 3rd party programs illegal but it hasnt solved the problem.

im a returning player and i find it BS so Im sure new players have similar views or oblivious to whats really going on.

Ok, so we are really talking about you.

Please don’t say you’re doing it for the noobs when its for yourself, it makes you sound disingenuous.

Now, you think we should be limited to 5 accounts. Well though that does affect me (Id have to lose about half my own family), lets not worry about that.

So I can run a command ship and 4 miners.

You are happy to compete with that, yes? You feel thats fair?

1 Like

so what is the difference between 5 peeps with one character and one peep one five characters…none, absolutely none. You are just as dead and really you have a better chance with one guy behind the compute with 5 than you are with 5 skilled players with one character.

And as far as SP farming so what, you can only cram X amount of usable SP for that specific ship. i have 217 mil sp points, but a small fraction of it can be used for a Cerb or Gila and someone with 20% of my sp can pilot the same craft producing the same results.

If you can’t see that or understand how that works then you sir have no clue how EvE works.

We are not talking about me. Im just stating the fact that as I have returned to eve recently this is what I find stupid and now wonder if new players are leaving after tasting eve for a bit. I also think that account limits should be down to the CCP not what I think or what the community think if its all a biased pool, who only care about themselves and not the longevity of the game. There are other threads on here about what people miss about EVE. I miss the old days.

EvE started out as still is a Niche game. It is not for everyone and what drives new players away is their instant gratification need are not met. these are the same players that normally have a very short player investment in pretty much any gaming platform.

but those sp farms are injecting other pilots and other accounts you make and it spirals. There needs to be control. I know how eve works thanks.

1v1 does not mean 1v1(5), if your 1v5 then that sucks but its fair.

1 Like

What is funny about this is the bots/nullbears/miners don’t pay CCP they farm and pay with plex. So really who cares if they boycott? The economy improves and CCP gets paid anyway by the people who buy plex!

It’s like really, you promise to leave??

1 Like

So what is the purpose in this? If this is a change you wish CCP to make, you will have to come up with a reason why its unfair. But you have to convince them that shutting down three players who use 20 accounts each is better than the three players with 5 accounts each/. I don’t see that making economic sense to them (CCP).

In the above quote you prove that it IS fair. You can achieve whatever it is your are in avarice of in the other player by simply doing the same thing. That’s the definition of fair, you have exactly the same opportunity to do it.

If some new players are put off that they cant be moguls within two weeks, then “EvE is not for themTM”.

If you are a returning player and find the competition too hot, you should man up and find an alternative way to make money or try just having fun instead of being jealous that the rich are richer, but your character is just older.

Isnt this why eve went F2P and implemented skill injectors trying to attract more fresh players.

I just think the actual player base volume is hidden behind people with multiple accounts. If you limit accounts its not changing the quantity of players.

1 Like

but not all players want to manage accounts. People dont start a game thinking they need to play with multiple accounts to succeed.

1 Like