Looking for mercs to teach BLACKFLAG a lesson

Calm down scammer.

Nobody here believes you.

I think you are trolling with your attempt to scam people into fighting BLACKFLAG.

1 Like

So to get back on topic, for those who are genuinely interested in offering their services, our main interest is in destroying BLACKFLAG’s fortizar in Itamo. It is fitted and they live nearby so you will almost certainly need to bring a fleet big enough to fight both the fortizar itself plus a defence fleet.

Don’t get into negotiation with the scamming Princess of eve her self, no good will come of it. Forked tongue is an understatement. Keep try what ever your doing it sound fun.

Looking forward to hearing about your next move

You sound like a fun guy, good luck in your endeavours

tenor (1)

2 Likes

The sheer ego of “It was fair when WE brought more resources than a citadel could defend, but unfair when THEY brought more than we could defend” is pretty breathtaking.

1 Like

Fair instanced arena PvP is the only real PvP.

Ideally all PvP should be a coinflip.

When we attack a citadel, we generally just use a few ships to kill it. Which the citadel would easily be able to kill if it was actively manned. So that’s rather different than groups who bring so much ships and logi that the citadel literally can’t do enough DPS to break through. Quite frankly that should be declared an exploit in my opinion. Don’t use so much logi that the other side has no chance, it’s no fun that way.

All “unfair” fights are an exploit.

Behold, the carebear agenda.

4 Likes

I can’t believe I’m having to explain this. It’s simple maths.

If a citadel can do 1,000 DPS, and the attacking fleet brings enough logi to repair 2,000 DPS, the citadel will not be able to kill anything. That seems like a broken mechanic to me. Any attack on a citadel should almost certainly result in some losses for an attacker, not saying citadels should be invincible but they should be able to pack a punch and not be overwhelmed by people with stupid amounts of logi.

Have you tried hiring a mercenary to defend you?

2 Likes

He did , but then he went and called her a scammer

2 Likes

I think he needs to train social skills.

2 Likes

Wow! There’s some elite pvp right there! I approve this!

Looks like he got the wrong skillbook

No citadel should be able to hold off a fleet bigger than a handful of people.

1 Like

I disagree with you, citadels should be far more capable than that. If it helps, think of them as being like castles. While they shouldn’t be invincible (I hated the first iteration of citadels where they actually were invincible most of the time, couldn’t even be targeted apart from during their vulnerabilty timer) they should nontheless be capable of inflicting heavy losses on any fleet that attacks.

I don’t think you should be able to just bring enough logi to out-repair any damage the citadel does and then be able to attack it in complete safety. That feels like a broken mechanic to me, and makes for very dull gameplay. If you attack a citadel you should suffer some losses, where that balance is exactly I am not sure but you should not be able to do it in complete safety. If you changed it so that Astrahus had maybe 10 standup missile launchers, Fortizars got 20, and Keepstars got 30, 40, or even 50, I think that would be more balanced. At least that would put an end to 10 man fleets being able to permatank a manned Astra, and force them to bring a fleet 5x as big. Of course that just shifts the problem to now it’s a 50 man fleet tanking it in complete safety, which isn’t ideal either but it seems more reasonable to me that if you commit a 50 man fleet you should have a decent chance at surviving your encounter with a citadel. There should still be some way you suffer maybe a few losses though. Although again, not sure exactly what that mechanism could be.

Citadels really are horribly underpowered right now. Suggesting that they shouldn’t even be able to hold off more than “a handful of people” is ridiculous. That’s nowhere near parity with the capabilities of a Deathstar POS in the old days

1 Like

@Carlos_Warren needs to be banned for life.

1 Like

It all comes down to how the people attacking the citadel choose to do it. If they bring overwhelming force or a ton of logi, they’re going to kill the structure regardless, but it’s going to take them far longer to do so. The reality is that the weapons on a structure are designed primarily to give you a chance to get a defense fleet formed up to push off the attackers. If you can’t do that, then the attackers are going to win.

This is how it should be. One person should not be able to hold off a dozen, or thirty, or three hundred.

It’s not broken. This is EVE Online. You might as well argue that small gang pilots shouldn’t be allowed to bring logi with them, or big fleet fights shouldn’t be allowed logi. Hell, you may as well argue to get rid of logi all together. That’s essentially this argument - “it’s not fair that the other team brought more people in ships designed to work together.”

If you commit a 50 man fleet, you should not lose a single person against any structure, even a Keepstar.

This isn’t the old days. Citadels offer far more benefits than POSes and are ridiculously cheap. This is why we pushed for changes to make them easier to kill, not harder. The game is about spaceships fighting spaceships, and too much of it has turned into structure bashing.

The bottom line is the only true way to defend your structure against any kind of opposition that’s bigger than three dudes in stealth bombers is to have your own fleet.

2 Likes