Looking to run an EvE-wide event - 1 Race, No Rules, Big prizes, Hopefully bigger fights!

So… sent out a mail to diplos and senior people in some of the major Alliances and Corps basically asking them for sponsorship but also giving them the “heads up” I plan to go ahead with this… hopefully they take it seriously.

If I am honest, I am hoping they think “meh, whats 50B to us” and make a nice chunky donation but I’m not going to hold me breath… Id honestly just be happy if they believed me at this point! lol

I am also told I will get to preview the website tomorrow so, pending all is ok and no doubt some last minute changes, I should be able to launch and open registration for the race early Feb… fingers crossed.

Ill try and update this daily to gather more interest but for now, I have set up a Corp to deal with all of this and will update the OP with details.

Thanks for all the feedback so far and please continue to ask questions as someone else might be thinking it and not bother asking.

FDo7
SSjGhost

So, to say I am a bit disappointed I have, to date, received ZERO responses is an understatement.

Yeah, ok, I get that cold-calling some of the senior people in the alliances might not garner a reply but some of the people I’ve know for years and even arranged accommodation for them for EvE Vegas… I guess “out of sight out of mind” really rings true…

Also, someone informed me that a load of streamers are doing a race too… apart form the fact I reckon this was totally stolen (as part of the advertising I contacted a number of streamers with my idea), I don’t care and will still run my event. As I understand it, to participate you are required to complete certain tasks in certain systems which only works if… well, it doesn’t and only adds a variable for things to go wrong.

Right, b*tching over, I am told “good things come to those that wait”… which while not helping me in the short term, I am told the site will be ready to review “soon”. I actually trust the guy and we get on well (I’m going to his wedding in Romania!) and we met in Vegas last year so I have faith.

Is anyone still interested in this btw? VaM-Race (ingame toon) hasn’t received any mails from anyone showing any interest…

Still no website (I am nagging!).

Bumped for views - Keen to see if people are interested.

OK… so the website is… I want to say “created” but nowhere near finished…

although there really is little else left to do now except confirm the Trip Wire settings needed to keep score and get advertising.

Still keen for feedback so go nuts.

FDo7
SSjGhost

So no poors allowed and only corporations with black ops can “win”, noted.

“No poors allowed” - Wealth is subjective but if what you meant to say was “Nobody with less ISK than the entry fee at the time participants are accepted and entry fee is sent” then yes, you would be 100% factually accurate.

“only corporations with black ops can “win”” - SSjGhost checks rules he himself wrote Nope. Pretty sure anyone can win.

Hi, I’m Ché Biko, sub-warp racing champion.

I’ll let you know that since we’ve had these forums, a few people have tried to host various races (or claimed to be). Most of these had few or none people indicating they’d want to take part. And these races did not have anywhere near the length or the entry fee of yours.
I can understand high level entrance fees for highly popular events, but you haven’t got one yet, and I don’t think you’ll have one soon like this.
In short, my advice is: Start small, hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Good luck.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.