[VRAC] Federation Day Grand Prix

Greetings everyone,

Venture Racing will host a celebratory race at Federation Day in honour of the signing of the Federation charter and in the spirit of the intrepid Gallente that sculpted the Federation into what it is today, Venture Racing will host a Grand Prix that will reward the fastest and bravest racing pilot!

Federation day will be on the 20th of June, and among the other festivities Venture Racing will host the race around 20:30 New Eden Standard Time.

Now, we can’t have a race without said intrepid racing pilots. So hereby the signups are opened. Currently we are looking to fill at least five (5) and at most fifteen (15) slots. Signups will close on the 11th of June, so two weeks from now.

The rules: It will be a frigate race, across fifteen systems, with two checkpoints. Before the race starts, the pilots will be briefed about the locations of the checkpoints, after which the optimizing the route will be up to each pilot. At each checkpoint there will be a container per pilot to which only they get a password ahead of the race, inside each container will be one item. Upon handing both items in at the finish line, the clock for that pilot will be stopped, proving they completed the race.

Allowed ship types:

• Any Tier 1 Frigate
  • Any Empire Navy Frigates
  • Any Ore Frigates
  • Sisters of Eve Frigate
  • Tier 2 Frigates: Assault Frigates, Interceptors, Electronic Attack ships, Logistics Frigates. (Covert Ops will be disallowed)

Triglavian ships will be disallowed.

The fitting of your ship, as well as use of any implants, hardwiring or boosters is up to each pilot. We can however reveal that it is not solely a warp-race, but there will also be subwarp parts so fit accordingly.

To finalize your sign-up, deposit 10million ISK to @Malin_Hanssen of Venture Racing, stating the pilot’s name and the shiptype you wish to enter with, to reserve your spot in the race. This money will go directly into the prize pool.

Speaking of the prizepool: it currently stands at 1billion ISK for first place, 500million for second place, and 250million for third place.
In addition to that, the first place prize will receive a Navy Megathron, the second place will receive a Navy Issue Brutix and the third place a Navy Vexor.
Everyone else who entered the race will receive a commemorative Federation Navy Comet!

Further sponsorships are welcome. So if you have a warm heart for the Federation or for Space Racing, but cannot join the Race yourself, you can contact @Alain_Colcer or @Malin_Hanssen if you want to add to the prize pool.

(edit: Updated the Prizepool, having secured more sponsors.)
(another edit: Updated Prizepool again. further sponsors were found.)

Disclaimer: the organization of Federation Day as well as Venture Racing reserve the right to ensure community standards for the contest are met.

13 Likes

Updated the Prizepool to reflect gaining another amazing Sponsor!

Can contestants shoot each other or is that frowned upon?

Miss Daphiti, an excellent question, thank you.

Given that the route is fairly short, I don’t think you will have the time to shoot other contestants without losing too much ground to the rest of the racers.

That said however, the route pilots take is up to them. And since we adhere to the usual CONCORD guidelines of agression, it means agression is allowed at the usual penalties in each region of space. But you might want to be careful when you approach the finish line if you accrued a Criminal or Suspect timer, as you may become a bigger target than you bargained for.

But as they say, sometimes you have to take a risk to get ahead…

1 Like

What is the starting system ?

Luminaire.

As Miss Devara said, Indeed the Start and Finish of the race shall be in Luminaire.

Should post this in in-game events

Hello Everyone,

So far we are happy with the interest to participate! Thank you for those who signed up already.

Venture Racing would like to remind everyone that there are a few spots left and the deadline for entries will be in a week, at the 11th.

For those already signed up, a mail with details regarding the race will be sent out once the entries are closed.

(( OOC Re: not having posted this to In-Game Events, this would be an RP only event, and I would like to have (known) characters from around the community as participants. ))

Will there be any live or recorded coverage of the event? I’m just dying to know.

Thank you for your question Mr Ristel,

We have so far looked to broadcasting the commentary to the Local fluid router of Luminaire, where the people attending the Federation Day will be watching the start and finish of the race while enjoying the other revelries that are planned for the Federation Day.
If there is a demand for the broadcast to be extended to a Cluster-wide channel, we will look into that possibility of course.

Additionally, there will also be a post-race summary, including the final times for each racer posted to this board.

Marvelous! I’ll attempt attending the festivities! But if I can’t, I’m thankful to know there is going to be some sort of coverage of the race.

Friendly Reminder to Everyone! Still a few more slots available and two days before the deadline to sign up!

1 Like

Last day to sign up! Still a few spots left over! The deadline ends at midnight NEST today! Come race, prove you are the fastest and take home that sweet prize pool!

Greetings again everyone,

Today the signups are closed under normal circumstances and it looks like the race will have only six contestants. Which means the chance for each racer to grab the big prize is fairly sizeable.

The Contestants* are:

• Auriga Menkalinan, racing for Chatelain Astronautics in their Ares Interceptor
  • Azazel Drakonis, racing for the glory of Electus Matari in his Malediction Interceptor
  • Eric Lancier, racing for Lancier Trading Co in a Federation Navy Comet.
  • Francophobia, racing for LUMEN in their Malediction Interceptor.
  • Insidious Sainthood, racing for Red Federation RvB/CalState in his Claw Interceptor.
  • Komi Valentine, racing for the glory of the Vherokior in her signature Probe.
  • Pamitha Devara, racing for the Devara Biotech/Ars Investment Group in an Ares Interceptor
  • Maira Blackfire, racing under the Sorn Interstellar Industries flag in her Claw interceptor.
  • Ruin Regret, racing for Sarano Planetary Goods, flying an Atron.

These Nine will take each other on in our Grand Prix on the 20th of June. The Confirmation Email and Rules will have been mailed to each contestant.

* ̶C̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶e̶l̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶e̶s̶t̶a̶n̶t̶s̶,̶ ̶d̶u̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶c̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶i̶g̶n̶u̶p̶s̶,̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶r̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶v̶i̶e̶w̶e̶d̶.̶

**Edited: our entry-submission administration had missed an entry that was well submitted within time.

***Another Edit: Final signups closed. Last Entries added to the list of contestants.

7 Likes

Many thanks to VRAC for organising tomorrow’s race. It looks like it has been picked up by the wider media so best of luck to my fellow racers, I expect we will all need more of it now!

2 Likes

Hello Everyone Happy Federation Day!!!
I just wanted to know how many Racers is there going to be in the race?

Thank you.

As to your question, above is the entire list of contestants, latest entries included. Signups are now Closed!

We hope to see everyone in Luminaire tomorrow night!

1 Like

You can count on me! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have just set up at the The Homestretch Hotel myself, and my crew is already at work preparing for tomorrow