Lore question

Hello Fellow capsuleers,
I am currently writing a book based on the eve universe.
The main char will need a way to become a capsuleer and my current idea for that is he joins a programm where the amarr navy offers free capsuleer training if he meets the requirements (obviosly) and then joins the amarrian navy for a few years.
Doe navys do stuff like that?

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Category:Lore

That should get you started. There are many websites on EVE lore, you’ll also find excerpts of books written for EVE and more.
Before you start a story based on a universe as grand as EVE, I would suggest you spend several weeks to familiarize yourself with it. Take it from someone who wrote a novel that happens during Roman times. I learned more about romans during research for the book than the years I spent reading about them.
Asking others is nice but everything has to come from you. Others may comment but the creation of the book is yours to do that’s why I would suggest NOT using EVE’s universe and inventing your own whole universe but it’s not my book.

1 Like

I already use that website for my research thank you though : )

I will use the EvE Universe since i want the book to bring people into the game.
But for this part i will invent my own small part.

1 Like

Good luck with it! And when you get writers’ block just go out and enjoy yourself best way you know how because writer’s bock isn’t an if, it’s a guarantee.

1 Like

well writes block isnt really a garuanteed thing to happen.
i dont get a writers block when writing a short story in school or so lol.
but i understand what u mean

:laughing: I hope not.
I’m talking about 80,000 words and a couple of years. I didn’t get many blocks but the ones that I did get took me at least a week to get over them… but everything went smoothly once I figured out how I was going to end it, lol.
Now I’m curious! Would you send me a few paragraphs when you’re ready, please? I love to read what stuff other people come up with and sci-fi is my favorite genre.
If not it’s okay too.

1 Like

yes i can send you that.
il send you an EVE-Mail with the prologue and first chapter once i got em ready

1 Like

I really appreciate that. Thank you. Don’t rush it :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.