I am Loroseco Kross, and I intend to run for CSM 15.
I began playing eve in 2013 during the golden era of Brave Newbies, soon joining Black Omega Security, where I spent most of 2014 flying under suas (enough time to experience the “joys” of Dominion sov). Since then, I have spent the bulk of my Eve career as a member of Hard Knocks or in Parroto Social Club (skill urself). I took on a leadership position in HK in January 2019, and became one of our primary content creators, involved in the organisation of almost every subsequent HK wspace op or eviction.
My areas of experience:
Wormhole space - I understand the intricacies of wormhole PvP and fleet doctrines. I am knowledgeable on the ins and outs of wormhole PvE. I have rolled more than my fair share of wormholes (both to find PvP and to avoid it), and I would wager that I have run & participated in more wormhole evictions than all past CSM put together (besides Noobman). There are few who can offer the same depth and breadth of wormhole-specific knowledge and experience that I bring to the table.
Small gang – I spent 10 months in Parroto Social Club, a nano-gang corp, and I believe the experience accrued during this time can lend weight to discussion of ship balance especially for small gangs.
Tournaments – I flew in the 2017 AT and practiced for 2018, however was unable to fly in it. I have never been heavily involved in the tournament scene. However I have recently started flying in the Sisi 5v5 Eve scrims; doing so has rekindled my respect for the effort and dedication that goes into tournament flying and theorycrafting. I’d love to see official larger tournaments make a comeback.
Why am I running for CSM 15?
Wormholes – With ecosystem changes on the horizon, maybe as soon as this year for wormholes, I want to be there to provide an informed opinion when those discussions take place. Even with changes not directly related to wormhole space, I have the knowledgebase and experience to consider potential impact (positive and negative) and communicate this understanding, along with any concerns, to CCP.
Small / medium-scale PvP – The CSM is consistently lacking in members with a developed understanding of ship balance outside large-scale conflict (even in years where someone like Suitonia gets on, it is often as a solitary voice). I aim to leverage an extreme number of hours spent theory-crafting in pyfa, testing on Singularity and refining on Tranquility to explore prospective changes and their impact at smaller scales.
If you want to see what sort of ship balance ideas I have had in the past, I encourage you to look at this ship balance sheet that I made back in October, and have been regularly updating since then. Commenting is enabled, so any feedback or further ideas are welcome. (I’m still in the process of updating this following Surgical Strike, but most of the points still stand).
Why should you vote for me?
- I know my s***. My knowledge and experience with wormhole space and small/medium-scale PvP is considerable.
- I am more than willing to compartmentalise my role on the CSM from my role as HK leadership, focusing on ideas and not who they originate from. This intent and my ability to follow through on it has been demonstrated repeatedly during conversations in PraiseBob’s balance discussion channel. I hope Exooki can also confirm that we have had productive conversations while he has been on CSM, despite the rivalry between our groups in-game.
- I am not afraid to criticise CCP. If I don’t agree with something, I will make it known. Some examples:
My objectives as a CSM:
- Always asking “how will this affect wormholes?” as an intrinsic part of the thinking around every new idea CCP proposes, even ideas not obviously related to wormholes.
- Bring attention to the current imbalance in evictions (defenders need more advantages to give them a fighting chance against a larger force, but both sides should be able to keep out the nullblob with meticulous hole control).
- Gather, organise and communicate player ideas for ship balance. I have started this already with my ship / structure sheet linked above.
- Challenge the thinking around every ship balance decision made by CCP to ensure it has been considered in the context of wormhole space and small gangs.
- REEE about bringing back AT at every possible opportunity (specifically AT-style tournaments with fit theorycrafting, not just eve_nt-style pre-made fits).
- Advocate for more opportunities for non-consensual PvP in wormhole space; foster ways to organically generate huge, impactful battles without needing to evict someone.
- Assist in tuning of wormhole PvE risk / reward (keep rewards high, keep risk high but reasonable, foster discussion about the nature of risk, and how it varies across wormhole space)
- Remind CCP about C4 anomaly spawn locations at least once per 30 minutes during CSM summit.
Podcasts & Interviews:
In-game: Loroseco Kross
The PraiseBob wormhole sever has a channel dedicated to asking questions to candidates. Feel free to join and ask me anything.