Losing connection to chat server even after 3/26 fix

Same problem for me. I was on earlier today and it was fine, about an hour or so ago it just stopped working. Same as above Tracert shows it’s last couple hops are timing out.

If it is any help to people trying to figure this out my last good Tracert hop is a Netflix server in Delaware. Chat servers hosted by Amazon seem to be in Ireland. Could be something with a transatlantic connection. This guess brought to you by someone who has no idea what they are talking about.

Same here also. Been fine for months. Never seen the error mess. before. Says “Could not connect to chat server at tranquility.chat.eveonline.com:” Was fine this morning and every day for the past month. No local or chat.

Yeah I am having the same problems this just popped up…Their last fix deleted every channel I had…now I cant see anything at all…whats the point of updates if you mess more stuff up than you fix???

port blocked like wtf is wrong with chat ive only been playing a few months and i am alredy thinking quiting , this supposed to social game how can it you cannot chat to anyone?

getting this same issue now, started today. I verified with their port checker and it says the port is open so this is a CCP issue and not a player issue.

EVE System > Could not connect to chat server tranquility.chat.eveonline.com:5222

There should be a fix for this by now. Also the launch is all messed up and doesnt give new updates. anyone else getting this?

The problem is it is not a player issue, and it’s not an EVE issue. So there’s nothing we can do and there’s nothing CCP feels like it needs to do. The problem lies in the inbetween.

1 Like

Getting the same thing east coast USA, really pissing me off right now. It has been like this for about 6 hours now.

yes but i mean if they pay for or rent a third party to run their chat servers then this is a “CCP” issue and they should start working to resolve it in some way. I cant call up their third party and complain

Could also be a company that hosts transatlantic pipeline stuff at fault.

why can they not host the chat servers on there own servers ? I am sure that used to work very well

one time it did but it uses resources they needed for the game and other services. Plus its cheaper sometimes to share these services with other companies through a third party

Outsourcing is cheaper.

US Central TZ here … yeah still no chat or local. And, you can tell the launcher doesn’t look right even though the game loads fine. Launcher updater is on same run as the chat and local. Chat/local down 3-5 hours here.

probably because they took away Net Neutrality today
thats my best guess lol

its because they took away net neutrality probably

Same here its all weird not showing how many are online

yes cheaper = less reliable

Same issue for me as well. Also the launcher isn’t loading up normally. It looks like it just kind of hangs trying to load the different info boxes before finally allowing me to launch a client. When I do launch it, it just says “error” in the top right of the launcher and then opens the game.

Once in the game, no chat server - same issue as everyone else. I did check and my port 5222 is functioning properly, so it’s not on my end.

My chat server is down, I cant seem to get it to come back, I’ve rebooted, I’ve checked that port 5222 was open, which it is. I’ve checked the integrity of the cache, everything is good on my end. I just can’t connect to the chat servers in game.