Computer Cooling Fan Manufacturers Hate This Quick Fix.
If you wonder why your FPS and Ping are through the roof and no matter what you do you continue to have the same low performance, here is the simple and easy fix.
When your cooling fan under performs because the factory lube has worn away due to use, the fan blade itself does not turn properly resulting in your CPU and other components over heating as a result. Higher temperatures do in fact create less FPS and increased Ping.
1 Open your laptop or tower.
2. Discount the cooling fan and clean the vents of dust, plus other others where there is a dusty build-up.
3. Disassemble the fan itself. Most fans will have screws. The fans without screws will require an emery board to sand down the melted pool of plastic holding the top plate on.
4. Once the cover has been removed, take the fan blade off of the motor by pulling upwards.
5. Use an alcohol swab to clean the cooling fan blades of dust as well as the cooling fan housing. Make certain to clean the cooling fast post as well.
6. Use a very small drop of lubricating oil to lube the post as well as the small hole where the post fits into the motor. I used String Snot that I use for my crossbow.
7. Re-assemble the cooling fan unit. If you had to file the melted plastic off, you can use an epoxy to fasten the cover plate back to the cooling fan assembly. Or you can use Bondic, which I used.
8. Make certain that you cannot see any light between the cover plate and cooling fan housing, otherwise the fan will make a heck of a noise as it teeter totters back and forth on the post.
9. Screw the cooling fan back in place and replace cover on the tower or the laptop.
10. Start up Eve Online and see the increased performance right away.