Low Sec's thing

Low sec groups are already claiming constellations and renting out the moons for mining while they have the capitals on standby… If null sec groups do the same, it becomes a land-lord war, just as Null… Just without Sov and with gate-guns… I’m sorry, but what you are claiming has no hold in how low sec actually is.

Yes… Under different land-lord corps/alliances capital umbrella… I see… A cruiser fleet might get a retreiver kill or two and get cap. blopped. Just as the good old low sec days…
Wait…
What?

Honestly… This entire discussion seems to boil down to be trench warfare argumentation between the big and organised group pilots and those who aspire to build an empire of some sorts… Be it random roams, piracy or control of a region, it is far, far easier to capture and hold a low sec constellation with a cap-fleet, with null sec like organisation/industry.

Please… Null-seccers and people denying there is a Low-sec balance problem outside FW…
Listen to us. We are the cannon fodder. We are the ones that provide easy targets for roams.
And we feel like we are left to rot in the current low sec climate.
If you keep pushing these concerns to the side, there will be less of us as we will slowly leave due to fatigue.
Pandemic started as a bloody low-sec group… They became some of new edens best PVP’ers, for a good while, through low-sec PVP. Then they moved to Null… Wonder why…

in general, you can make bank in low, you just have to know what to look for. But I agree, it is as much as a dice toss as exploration. I like your idea tho… More PVP, more better… Good luck in dealing with the capital hordes.

1 Like

What about moon mining ?

Before it was a passive income, now you need to mine. In theory it could have been be interesting because it makes you vulnerable. But not a lot of people in low sec like to mine… besides it leads to needing an umbrella to protect your miners so instead of good fights it either leads to krab slaughter or risk averse gameplay.

Why not make it a mix of the past and the present ?

The owner of the refinery can set up a extraction cycle like now. But except of putting moon chunks in space, it would put the ore itself. And everyone could see this timer.

No need of mining alts. It would lead to more fights because a raiding party could hope to grab the loot. And everybody in low sec have hauler alts.

Maybe to give the owner an advantage and avoid “egg thief” tactic make the ore appear in a container which should be destroyed, 40K-60K EHP or something like that, before anyone can grab the ore. After all, you are launching ore in space in a giant metal can : you need a can opener.

Similarly make cyno, jumps ( or even warp in an additional and smaller area ) impossible in a area around the place where the ore appears. So no insta grab/JF tactic. The haulers would have a vulnerability window when they need to slow-boat. Which would mean logis to keep reping the hauler.

Tackling, logis are normal in fleet comps. So we would have the usual elements of pvp here but used in a “protect the hauler” context.

My suggestion is probably flawed but what do you think of the general idea ?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.